Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if the mz6 and mz3 share the same part number for their filter???

If so we could get a k&n panel filter from the 6 and whack it on the 3!!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
How about someone post the P/N for the 6 and someone else post the 3's number....yes no?

hasta :p

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just called my dealer and it looks like they are different.

Mazda6i Air Filter
RF2A13240A9U

Mazda3s Air Filter
LF5013240A

Now interestingly both part numbers include the string "13240A" so they may not be quite as different as we are being led to believe.

One would need both air filters in front of them to determine for sure.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I wish I had one of these stuck in my air filter...

back to mining the hills I guess :|

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Heh, thread hijacking in progres...

Anyway, for some reason, in the last 3 years on my Maxima I have had a flat from a nail, a screw in my sidewall causing my tire to deflate real fast, and total tread separation of my right rear tire

And no, I don't autoX. I think I need to stop buying bargain rubber :|

With the tread separation, I ended up slidding into some gravel, so all was okay. I think I'm cursed. I'm waiting for my Mazda3 tire to blow out too.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Heh, I used to drive with more gusto - back when my springs and shocks were just replaced.... but now I just sort of baby it around... 130K miles is taking its toll and everything just feels sluggish :|

But, It might be because I have a Mazda3 to compare it to... I may get rid of it soon, but I still like driving the Nissan.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Actually, the 3rd Gen Maximas have fully independent rear suspensions... but it's not really that spectacular of a design.

It's just a pair of Macpherson struts with 2 parallel links for toe and one radius rod to help guide the wheel up and down. You can't adjust camber on the 3rd gens... sounds familiar :|

There's a rear sway bar, but it's super-thin.

The car handled pretty well when I had some money in it... but now - not so full of money :(

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I hate how Nissan's new cars look. There was a period of transition where things didn't look so bad.... but now they're all horrendously bloated and ugly.

I hate the Nissan front grille now... with their massive logo on that "tooth" lookin' thing. I also think Nissan's quality has gone down in recent years... their cars don't feel sturdy when you sit in them any more (I'll leave the 350Z exempt from this). They may look nice in a brochure, but things just seem cheaper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts