Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so after much deliberation, I decided to purchase the Boomerang XT armrest for my Mazda2. I was trying to choose between that one and the OEM armrest but I honestly did not like how the OEM armrest was designed and plus, the Boomerang armrest was not only designed better, but gives you an extra cup holder which looks pretty nice. Also, my 2 is silver which the Boomerang armrest compliments. Any who, here's a link to the product: (Note: I did not pay $150.00 for the armrest, I got it at a steal of a price)

http://www.boomco.com/products/Mazda-2-%252d-XT-Armrest-Console-%28w%7B47%7D-cup-holder%29.html

I'll post more after I install the armrest :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
good luck the 2s definitely need the armrest. I love the factory one and fits in the perfect spot, that one looks slightly wider so hopefully it doesnt get in the way of buckling up and pulling the parking brake any worse than the oem one does. I do like the aluminum look of that one.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked UPS and the armrest was delivered today. I'll be installing it tomorrow and hopefully will have pics up by the weekend :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=193064.msg4071459#msg4071459 date=1310694802]
looking forward to it!
[/quote]

Pics are up now but since I'm having issues uploading pics and such, I put them on Mazdas247 since they have an uploader program (using internet on phone with limited access= fail). Nevertheless, here's the link.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123800363-Mazda2-Aftermarket-Armrest...

If someone would be so kind as to post them on here for me in a post, I would be very appreciative :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=193064.msg4071911#msg4071911 date=1310753005]
very interesting. If we ever have a meet together, i'll be interested to compare it to the OEM one.
[/quote]

I as well. I'd really like to see how the OEM height is and how it feels and such. A friend of mine's sister in law just got a Mazda2 as well so it looks like we may have the beginnings of a Mazda2 meet :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=193064.msg4072114#msg4072114 date=1310773993]
nice, i'm pretty sure one of my co-workers is going to end up in one as well. population is booming!

hows the padding on the top of yours? my one complaint about the OEM is that the leather-ish top is nice but the padding under it doesn't hold up great on long car trips.

i dig that slide-out cupholder a lot.
[/quote]

The padding is minimal but oddly enough...comfortable. The cupholder, as well as the fact that I still retain the use of all my other cupholders is one of the main reasons I bought it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts