Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here's the deal, i first got my car back in 2007. Around 2k miles the 2nd gear and 4th gear decided they wanted to take a crap on me, i never really shifter hard or anything til around that mileage. I took it to the dealership and they warrantied it.

Well they rebuilt it instead of just dropping a new tranny in and the mechanic that worked on it, did a shitty job.
It worked decently til around 13k miles, when i noticed a small tranny leak. I took the car in and they looked at it and they voided my warranty because they say i'm a teenager... 22... and drive the crap outta my car. Anyway the leak wasn't from the tranny as believed or checked on by the dealership. It was actually the oil filter housing was cracked and leaking....

now at 29k miles I was heading home from work on the freeway and shifted into 5th driving the car normal, and as soon as it got into 5th it made a really funny metal pinging sound. Well it stayed in 5th just fine, but when i shifted from 6th into 5th slowing down off the offramp it popped outta of 5th and it was the first time it has ever done it. For the next couple days it would pop out every once and a while, and when down shifting down from 6th.

I took the car in to the dealership today and the mechanic called and said he couldn't get it to pop out but that it would grind going into 5th... wtf is goin on ...? I don't ever mis shift or miss a gear, and now my 5th gear is going out???

anyone having any related problems?

·
Registered
518 Posts
did the dealer rebuild the tranny? They cant just void a warranty based on your age. Talk to a regional manager or someone higher up than that person that told you its voided, thats total bs. Get it all fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well they based it on the fact that they had to rebuild it once, andd accused me of racing. xD anyway the mechanic that rebuilt it the first time didn't know what he was doin, and it was his first tranny rebuild and didn't even put it back together right so i had to take it back the next day...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts