Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just wanted to post some pics of my speed3 with Mille Miglia Evo 19x8.5 42mm offset wheels with 245/35-19 tires.
I took the wheels from my Maxima just to see what they would look like and how they would
fit. I did some slow 360's (full lock) left and right with no rubbing. Of course only I was in the car, with weight in the car or lowered I can see it being an issue because they do stick out past the wheel well a little. I am not keeping these wheels on but I think it looks pretty good. Not sure what wheels or size I want to put on yet but I am looking.

By the way my speed3 is a sport with just over 1100 miles. I am averaging just over 21 mpg with mostly city driving. I purchased on 1/19/07 and build date is 10/06. So far I have not had any problems/issues. I have enjoyed every mile :)

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
DAMN!

those rims are hella nice man!

just gotta drop it ;)

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
its too bad they stick out like they do or i'd say just keep em...

you should take a front view so we can see really how far they stick out

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i think that they are too big for this car. 18's are the max I would go.
you can just tell by looking that the wheels are way too big. go 18's dude

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
before you take them off, can you possibly check the inside clearances?
with a bigger offset a rim that size with those size tires could fit depending on how much room inside the tires you have.
im specificially interested in how much room is between the tire and the shocks, pretty please take a look and measure if possible, it would be very helpful to quite a few of us.
or stick a camera up there and take pics or both if possible.

thanks!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=70207.msg1226194#msg1226194 date=1172204302]
cosmic
always on the prowl....haha :)
[/quote]

I cant rest until the question is answered! must know if 245's will be able to fit without rubbing under hard driving conditions given the correct offset.

·
Registered
708 Posts
lookin real sharp. I never would have guessed that 8.5" wide wheels had a chance of fitting properly.

so what would be the "ideal" offset for such big wheels? +53 mm ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of the space between the front shock and wheel. I can put my fingers in the gap with a little wiggle room. I would say approx. 7/8" of room.

·
Registered
144 Posts
they look good man, nice choice, they dont stick out much, actually they fill the fender wells pretty nicely. Only thing is they are 19's, too big for me, 18' would look perfect with those, 19's to me always look to much, but its your car so if you like it thats all that matters.

·
Registered
708 Posts
man, did a quick search on those particular wheels.......just over $400 bucks each! yikes! :shock:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think the wheel gap is making the wheels look larger than they are. Having a subtle drop will really improve the look.

I will be putting my RX-8's on hopefully next weekend. I don't expect any problems using 225/40/18 tires.

Kev

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very, very nice!! Looks great!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I had those wheels on my BMW! Still have the rims, but not the car.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
nice rims...I like the look of them.
I would be more inclined to go less wide so they tuck in a bit more...
nice though...thanks for taking the time to try that out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts