Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Well, it sounds like if you were street racing then you deserved it.

Hopefully you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was simply following my friend in his rsx going 17 over and that's street racing....i assure you as i did the officer, if we were racing i wouldn't have been following the rsx. but regardless lessons have been learned.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Oh, well... in that case I can understand your frustrations. :( Sorry to hear it. If that is what you were doing, I can see the cop giving you a ticket for 17 over... but not the charge of street racing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously (read the news) they are cracking down on street racing big time in NC, seizing cars, etc...However, it sounds like you could have ended up better than you did - I assume you got a lawyer? Unless you have a bunch of tickets, I would have thought a decent lawyer could have got it reduced.

It is getting harder and harder to reduce more serious tickets, though it still seems like there are the chosen few with connections that get off even for driving 120 mph in a school zone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i did neglect to mention the 6 other violations he gave me lol but those were all dropped by my lawyer and the D.A. wouldn't let all 7 go so the street racing stuck.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
haha sounds like you were doing something stupid... but fun! that is a long time without a license... i lost my car and it sucks, but at least i can still drive a POS prizm around. good luck dude!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man, i mean im already 1/3 of the way through it and I have my girl get me to and from work (god bless her). so its not to bad, i do feel like ive lost my freedom and i cant get in any fights with my girl if i wanna go to work so lol its not easy but its workin out all right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.