Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17.01.09 I visited the Go-Kart Ring in Nikolayev first time.
It was an extraordinary experience and the flow of positive emotions.

The Ring is 1800m long and we had to go 3 race laps after another 3 laps of qualification.

The problem is that we need to survive in 120kms of awfull dirty and ruined road from Odessa to Nikolaev to get to the Ring. But the result worths every minute of the trip.

Here is the video of my ride, taken by my friend.

JDR's Mazda3 "Race Of Masters III"

My mistake was the choice of tires. It was my first time on the ring and I didn't know it was stupid to choose bald and old winter tires. But I did :( On first lap understeer was irritatable, on the second lap it became awfull and it took me a lot to catch my car in every corner on the third lap, when my tires became completely worn down...

But.... Anyway I had good experience. This month I came there again and my time was much better. Will post new video soon.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
wash that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=myork link=topic=137260.msg2958552#msg2958552 date=1235509728]
wash that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

It was raining during the day and I sware you never saw any road in that condition. Sometimes we had to drive through outbacks due to huge holes on the road. And often the road looked like an artillery range. Therefore nothing strange that my car looked that way :)

[quote author=bpboiler3 link=topic=137260.msg2958566#msg2958566 date=1235509953]
haha great vid...looking forward to more
[/quote]

Next video will be much more interesting. We attached cameras inside the car and to the fender outside. This time I had summer tires on front wheels (f.....ing stock Turanza in crap-condition) and had TOO MUCH oversteer this time :) So.... New FWD Drift video is on the way :):):):)

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
That looks really fun! You could tell towards the end there that your tires were junk though, like you mentioned in your opening statement. I'm looking forward to your second video with in car action, and the outside fender shots. Very cool man! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=137260.msg2959461#msg2959461 date=1235530233]
You could tell towards the end there that your tires were junk though, like you mentioned in your opening statement.
[/quote]

Do you here the squeal of tires? My car was the loudest in this discipline LOL. It was just nice suspension that helped me in controlling the car. It didn't roll, but it was too much understeered to increase the speed :) Actually I could go much faster on good tires. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts