Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered my mazda 3 an inch and a half in the back and put 17 inch rims on. I also have an 1100 watt amp and a box w/ 2x12 inch speakers in my trunk. With all that weight plus my car lowered, my rear tires are rubbing against the lip of my fender almost every bump i hit. People told me i have several options but i wanted to hear from you guys first what i should do. what is the easiest and cheapest way i can get rid of this problem?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
roll your fenders or bend the fender upwards where it's rubbing. i have to do this b/c i rub when im hanging with my bro and cousin. when it's just me, it's not a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i roll it up, will i stretch the paint and cause it to crack? someone even said i can saw off the lip where its rubbing. i'm just worried about the paint.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
it's the inner part of the fender. you wont crack the paint if you bend it. if you cut it, tape off the area around where you are going to cut, i'd use a dremel and sand it down, so that you don't chip the paint any further than the tape if it does chip. make sure you cover the exposed metal with some clearcoat. i'd use some clear fingernail polish from ur mom or gf so the metal wont rust.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
no prob. let me know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts