Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was messing around and get a visual of what I'd like for my car to look like, feedback!
Ps.As you can see I'm not that good with Ps lol. 8)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looks pretty good man. Smoked headlights, blacked rims, tint, and blacked emblem. Did I miss anything?

A tip for you- it all looks good, but a couple points on the tint:
first, you missed the third window section. If not, then you should have cut back the high reflectivity anyway- it looks out of place.
Second, if you look through two tinted windows, its darker than just one. Therefore; you should have darkeneed your driver side windows more than just the front windshield.
Third, its illegal in most places to tint that front windshield, so you're giving yourself false hopes. Stick to tinting sides and rear.

The smoked headlights look really good- looks like you nailed the opacity. You also did a really good job giving the wheels a flat black appearance- if you wanted a more hyper black type effect then im afraid I don't have any advice for you- i have no idea how to fix a matte look : /

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I can't make the passenger windows look tinted without me messing it up, it looks all choppy and bad simple as that. I also added some other things, see if you can point them out.

and heres the Original. And I'll note that I'm borrowing that picture from a dude who has a high res shot of this haha, I have the same car but I use my cell as my camera :(

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=wheelindixie link=topic=68272.msg1178530#msg1178530 date=1170250813]
Debadged 2.3
smoked side marker light
smoked foglight

If you're doing the debadging of the 2.3, then why not yank the door mouldings?
[/quote]

you missed his blacked door handles.

And I know what ya mean about trying to do the passenger windows- it can be a real PITA to make it look good and often times is photo-angle dependant on whether you can swing it or not. Are you in photoshop or paint or another image editing suite?

If your in photoshop- im not sure how you've been doing it, but I suggest using the pen tool to create paths which you can then use as selections. It makes it real easy to get REALLY nice lines and keep everything lined up. Then, when you tint the passenger windows, drop the opacity another 10% or so from you're other windows, and give it a once over. It shouldn't be so dark that it has harsh edges, and the variation in darkness can then be attributed to front windshield glare.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm in Photoshop 7 (Only version I could find on the torrents with a good key :lol:)
I use the polygon lasso tool and select the window in like 300% zoom. Then I just go to image>adjust>hue and make it darker. I read (after I did the first chop) a different way to do it, which is what I think your talking about. New layer over the area I want, color it black then change the opacity level when mergin them. As far as the passanger tint I'll try that once I get home, right now I'm in school haha. (High School, I'm the technology coordinators helper) I was also messing around but I have no clue on how to get a realistic glare on the rims and the windows. Any clues with that? and what are yours guys view on a Carbon fiber hood? I was working on that before I left for school lol. I'll post pics tonight probably. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
You added:
-removed side moldings
-removed 2.3 badge
-shaved door handles
-smoked side marker
-blacked wheels
-tinted windows
-smoked (?) cheese grater grill
-smoked fogs
-dropped suspension
-removed pinstripe

:D Did I miss anything?

Oh, and one of the earlier ones had smoked fogs that no one pointed out. ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
icspots for the win! man, I wish I saw spots, might give me better vision. :D
The front lower grill was untouched. But the top one is definately modified! :8

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=68272.msg1179187#msg1179187 date=1170273416]
[/quote]

I kinda like the door moldings, and the Mazda logo. Even tho I was thinking of changing it to a custom one haha. I like your rim coloring. I was too lazy when I was doing the rim so I selected everything inside of the rim including the brakes haha.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=BlackGoat226 link=topic=68272.msg1179234#msg1179234 date=1170274744]
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=68272.msg1179187#msg1179187 date=1170273416]
[/quote]

I kinda like the door moldings, and the Mazda logo. Even tho I was thinking of changing it to a custom one haha. I like your rim coloring. I was too lazy when I was doing the rim so I selected everything inside of the rim including the brakes haha.
[/quote]

yeah I just find its important to have that natural light still present so that people with super dark monitors can still make it out and it looks fairly eralistic.
The only thing those side mouldings, and i know SOME people love them, are good at collecting debris/dirt on the top of them. Which is bad for your paint. Without them you glide over the whole door with the glove. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=68272.msg1179515#msg1179515 date=1170283438]
I agree, I also have a winning blue and I think it looks better with chrome/silver accents as opposed to blacking everything out
[/quote]

Alright well tonight I'll work on a chrome/silver accented car. Everyone in my house (the guys; brother, and father) thought my chopped car looked fugly and both recommended silver accents so I'm gonna try it. I'm a fan of blacked out and silvered out so I guess it'll go either way. Now the question is... 20" DUBS? or some RO_JA's? haha... just kidding, or am I?

After working on it for a solid... 20 minutes I give up I can't make it look good... Could someone help me out, I guess I would like to see a silver accented car and my shot had MS3 rims.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What do you want chromed, exactly? It'd make my eyes bleed, but I'll give it a try!

And.. don't listen to what your brothers/dad say etc. MOD your car for your enjoyment.
I find our cars have just enough chrome in the headlights and tail lights. Everything else is sometimes too much.

Let's put it this way. I was at shoppers drugmart. (pharmacy) and some lady with her pt cruiser showed up. It had chrome accents, LOTS of chrome accents. Me, my dad and mom (early 50's, very modern/hip) all stood standing with our mouths hanging open.

She saw us in this state, like the attention, and talked to us. She was very nice, but went on and on about her Chrome accents, when really we were just disgusted with how tacky it looked. It looks like she went to the ricer/80's isle of any performance store and went crazy. Chrome/polish belongs under the hood man. ;)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My suggestion was mainly for chrome rims............I don't like anything too over the top either, I have the silver oval rings around my side markers which i like and i would like to see what the chrome door handle covers would look like on the winning blue but that's basically it.

Some people with other color cars have their badges black'd out and i love the look, i just don't think it is right for our color, IMO.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's not too bad sounding then. :) I'm sure there are many members with such already. I just hate seeing chrome along the edge of doors, used as pin striping, chrome washer nozzles, chrome here and there etc etc.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts