Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok The story is like this while I was warming up my car yesterday morning I open hood to check on the oil and stuff. After that I procced in check the tires and rims and when I went up to my front right bumper I notice there were some deep scratches on my car and that side of the bumper wasn't aligned with th other side. Right then I knew I was a victim of a hit and run incident. I was pretty pissed just then :x But I faulted myself at not knowing this sooner cuz I have been to quite a few places on Monday so I didn't know when it happened Grrrrrrr!. Also this like my 3 day I had my car!!!!!!!!! OH well can't do much about it now. So my new Mz3 will be in a shop starting tomorrow. Sorry for those who were waiting for my pics of my car I need to postpone it for now till my car is fixed brand new. :evil:

·
Registered
267 Posts
What color is your car? Can you tell us how well they repaint it (if it is repainted). I heard the metallic paints almost never look right when they are repainted (sorry for the bad news) but I wanna know for sure how well it looks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
ACK

You know what I do in those situations, I get super paranoid and go postal on anyone who comes near my car (if I see them). I've been a victim of quite a few of those situations. Sorry to hear about your's. :x

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow sorry to hear.

Metallic finishs CAN be repainted though and look good. I was the victim of an egg attack a few months after getting my golf and had to have the door handle repainted 2+yrs later you couldn't tell.

Next week I'm going in for a door repaint because I was keyed a few weeks ago, I don't doubt it'll match perfectly again.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
This should be in the anger management section. Sorry to hear that. That sucks majorly.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh bummer. I'd be pissed too.

I had a Dodge Durango back into my Corolla at school a couple summers ago. His bumper went right over my bumper and into my grill and headlight. He left the scene. I remember though parking behind a really pretty red Durango and that just so happened to be the color on my car. GRRR.

·
Registered
452 Posts
omg..WTF man!!!
ouch...that hurt.... :cry: poor mz3..
i am serious...ppl in Richmond can't drive...
so many of those aunties can't drive!!!!

my bf's brand new TSX...got hit and run 2 times in a month!!!!
and now, ur Mz3 too...omg...
dman...i am going to get the 2 way alarm system for my mz3!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
One more reason why any vancouver meets shouldn't be in Richmond. Someone might hit and run our cars!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you were within a couple hundred feet, wouldn't you be able to see and hear your car alarm? It'd be a cool invention if it was within a couple thousand feet or further. Maybe give your cell phone a call wherever you are in the world would be a better invention. Hook it up to a video camera surveilance in your car and voila you get to see if its a cat on your hood or a theif in your car.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
D said:
If you were within a couple hundred feet, wouldn't you be able to see and hear your car alarm? It'd be a cool invention if it was within a couple thousand feet or further. Maybe give your cell phone a call wherever you are in the world would be a better invention. Hook it up to a video camera surveilance in your car and voila you get to see if its a cat on your hood or a theif in your car.
actually that's already been invented.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
landrumdh said:
funkyfreshmonke said:
2 way alarm? what does that do?
if you are in a couple hundred feet give or take it will page you to let you know something has triggered it.
couple hundred feet? hahaa...well most of the itme that is pretty useless (imo) unless you park your car in the handicap....and by the time you get there...hahaa your car is jacked up already....id rather go with the video surveillance...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: It was a busy for me yesterday had to call ICBC(to those that don't know ICBC is the insurance company in B.C. Canada) to report a claim and luckily they gave me an appointment on the same day. So I had an adjustor examine my car and the adjustor was asking me about the MZ3 cuz he has no clue what it was so I told him that it was the replacement for thr Protege series for Mazda etc... and he really liked the car, interior especially the instrument panel guages and he took some pics of my car for himself afterwards (cool guy) :) Anyways on the repair sheet my car was stated as a Protege5 cuz they didn't have MZ3 on their database yet. So now I just pay $300 deductible to the shop for my repairs cuz it was a hit and run and the extra cost will be cover by ICBC. Then I dropped off my car at the collision place gave the repair sheet and ask for a courtesy car while my car is in the shop. The car rental guy came and drove me back to their place and I did some paper work for them and then I drove of with their van. YES!!!!!!! they gave me a van a Pontaic Montana and the van was pretty fun too. Good ol V6 power had a couple of van and SUV trying to race with me on the stop light too :) And I prevailed everytime :D However parking was an ass for me need to practice a bit more. anyways that's it for now !!!!!! Thanks for those supportive and compassionate response it make me feel better.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts