Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you!! and it looks and rides like it's brand new. it's amazing how well the previous owner took care if it. when i saw it in person, i thought, "wow, these pictures don't do it justice"

and now i have my dream car. but without searching autotrader all day, what am i going to do at work?

·
Registered
338 Posts
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2877055#msg2877055 date=1232471152]
thank you!! and it looks and rides like it's brand new. it's amazing how well the previous owner took care if it. when i saw it in person, i thought, "wow, these pictures don't do it justice"

and now i have my dream car. but without searching autotrader all day, what am i going to do at work?
[/quote]

Fantasize about the next time you drive it? :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=DrNick link=topic=133874.msg2877159#msg2877159 date=1232473451]
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2877055#msg2877055 date=1232471152]

[/quote]

Fantasize about the next time you drive it? :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: thanks, that's probably what it'll be. the only downside, is that i now have a "car payment" again. but my 1996 328i officially crapped itself last week and into this weekend. the suspension froze and cracked a bunch of the bushings, and then i found some fresh oil spots in my previously spotless garage. :x

found this car and a pretty good price, talked em down $1600 and wrote a convenience check from my credit card with 0% interest after the initial 3% fee. i'll have it paid off in no time, but i'd rather have that money to go towards suplementing my emergency fund. oh well. lesson learned: never buy a 13 year old car. because they have 13 year old car problems :(

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2877704#msg2877704 date=1232484109]
because they have 13 year old car problems :(
[/quote]

Same could be said about 8 year old German cars :lol:

Regardless, it does look nice. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=133874.msg2877772#msg2877772 date=1232485334]
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2877704#msg2877704 date=1232484109]
because they have 13 year old car problems :(
[/quote]

Same could be said about 8 year old German cars :lol:

Regardless, it does look nice. Good luck!
[/quote]

and that's why i shelled out for the extended warranty. i'm gonna take her in and be like, "anything you can remotely rationalize needing to be replaced.... replace it. do what you can."

but it looks and rides BRAND SPANKING NEW, i can not believe how good of shape it's in. but, we'll see in 12 months if it was worth it. thanks for the kind words!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
IMO that is the best body style thus far by BMW. The new ones are simply to smooth for me.

Good job on finding such a nice car.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=KeepJeepin link=topic=133874.msg2877891#msg2877891 date=1232487784]
IMO that is the best body style thus far by BMW. The new ones are simply too smooth for me.

Good job on finding such a nice car.
[/quote]

i couldn't agree more. and thank you very much!! :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: my new car....... so close **update**

:x :x UPDATE:

so, when i bought the car, the check engine light was on. part of the sales agreement was that the cel must be taken care of BEFORE i buy the car. there was also a smell of something burning eminating from the engine bay after we got back for the test drive. it drove great, so when they came back and said the cel is due to the car running out of gas at some point while on the lot and causing a misfire, and the smell is from oil that spilled while changing the oil while in service, i wasn't too concerned. fair enough.

now, within 5 minutes of driving off the lot, the light comes back on. i decide to give it a chance to correct itself. the next day, the coolant light comes on. ok, now i'm getting concerned. then, when i get off the highway coming home from work, the smell of burning metal intensifies and the throttle response is severely effected by something. the next morning, i call the dealer back and tell them the story. i attempt to drive it back, but only get to the stop sign exiting my subdivision and the car starts to get a little rough. it starts idle hunting and sputtering and at this point i just wanna get back to my house. i call the guy back and tell him to send a tow truck. he sends it to an independant "european mechanic" who (several hours later) tells him that it's an oxygen censor issue, and that if we replace the o2 censors, the problem will be fixed.

um.... bullshit? how stupid do you think i am?!? (don't answer that) whatever the problem is, it's something significantly more serious than the car "running out of gas". so at this point, i want the transaction overturned. our agreement has not been satisfied, and i did not sign up for this hassle. the manager says that the tool they used to check the cel originally was just a genaric tool, and not a bmw specific instrument. ok, so they admitted they knew they didn't solve the issue in the first place. after that, they took it to a local bmw "expert", and he comes back and says the "oil seperator" isn't functioning properly, and that if untreated will cause "hydro lock". yeah, that's a little different than the car ran out of gas!!!

i've since called my credit card company (yes, i bought the car on a credit card) and have made arrangements to stop payment on the transaction. i've contacted my grandfather and my step-dad, who between them have over 60 years of experience in the car business. my step-dad is currently a general manager at a different car dealer in the city and both he and my grandfather are surprised that the transaction hasn't already been overturned. i've contacted my family's attourney and am in the process of writing a letter to the ohio consumer protection agency.

anyone have any furthur advice for me?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2885271#msg2885271 date=1232725654]
[/quote]

LOL, seems like you have it pretty well covered. Good luck to you, though. Sorry it didn't work out.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=133874.msg2885291#msg2885291 date=1232726194]
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2885271#msg2885271 date=1232725654]
[/quote]

LOL, seems like you have it pretty well covered. Good luck to you, though. Sorry it didn't work out.
[/quote]

thanks, man. my dream car has turned into a nightmare. they're still being buttheads about the situation and not giving me my trade-in back. and the funny thing is, my grandfather is good friends with the owner of the dealership i'm working with. of course, i'm trying everything i can so that he doesn't have to get involved any more than he already is. but, come on!! how far do they expect this to go? they know i'm knowledgable enough on the situation to not fall for any of their tricks. they know i have an in with the owner. they know i'm not stupid. they know i'm aware of the steps i need to take to get it resolved. who are they kidding?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=133874.msg2886024#msg2886024 date=1232743034]
ok, so i heard back from the general manager from the dealer and he's sticking to his position that the purchase stands. :zoom_craigy_zoom : :grr:

this is just getting ridiculous
[/quote]

Time to get independent legal advice, any "goodwill" should have evaporated with that response.

Fitness of goods for sale for starters, fraud comes to mind as well.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
molotov cocktails anyone? :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=abalinka link=topic=133874.msg2886053#msg2886053 date=1232743898]
Since the Auto Trader ad has been taken down, do you mind me asking what kind of car you purchased?
[/quote]

2001 bmw 330i in prime condition (or so i thought). it was gorgous, i tell ya. red leather interior, metallic gray paint. manual tranny. just beautiful

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.