Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ur such a lucky chap.. i envy you now!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

you got any mods planned for the car yet? even though it doesn have everything you can fink of lol... HID fogs maybe? :?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=neeldub link=topic=70040.msg1219771#msg1219771 date=1172021228]
ur such a lucky chap.. i envy you now!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

you got any mods planned for the car yet? even though it doesn have everything you can fink of lol... HID fogs maybe? :?
[/quote]

No I'm not really a modding kind of guy. I'm also a very lazy car owner & appreciate my warranty so I steer well clear of ever doing anything to the engine!! I've done my fair share of changing oil & servicing my own cars when I was younger, back in my 205 GTI days :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
hey adey,

how does the MPS do on petrol?? how often u having to fill up....

heard about that petrol scare... lol dont get petrol from Tesco... its gonna kill ur new baby's O2 sensor..

I always get my petrol from tesco.. glad i didnt go there this week.. lol

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Shell is where its at...but its not really fair...i pay the same price no matter where i go or what octane i get :-/ cant find BP102...so i will settle for shell 99

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you actually notice any difference going on a better grade of petrol? What's the difference, and is it worth the extra price?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment I'm only getting 25.9 mpg :shock: I have noticed it's more thirsty than the TypeR & I was told to only use Super Unleaded (98 Ron??). It also says that under the petrol cap.

Maybe I'll get 29mpg when it's run in & all loosened up?! :evil:......NOT!

I suppose that's the trade off for having the extra power!! :twisted:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice car!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tested one today and they are thirsty beasts! I thought it was quick but it did torque steer in third gear which is a shit! Plus it was pretty crap on a roundabout, but then again im not sure how fast i was going!
The guy in garage told me it wasnt a good idea to race these off the line (ie 0-60) as you can really screw the transmission! Also he said that a 4x4 wouldnt come out because the testing cost to much, i would prefer to have this car in 4x4 and saloon! Interior was a bit drab and normal mazda 3 upholstery style, popped the bonnet after testing and engine wasnt really that hot!
Gonna stick with my new honda civic IMA, £40 tax £230 insurance and 45-65 MPG's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts