Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are Lite-5 from Speedy Wheels, they are 17x7 205/40/17 and 16.5lb each. which is amazingly light for non-forged wheels. the 18" version is only 19.2lb each. the tires are Nankang NSII, Ultra High Performance Summer. They work well in the rain too, haven't had any problems and decent in snow too but i wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Drop that baby!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey does the car looks higher because of the tire size???

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
rims look good!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
rims look sweet, but its time for a DROP!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
[quote author=Nightl3lade link=topic=71716.msg1265666#msg1265666 date=1173824187]
they are Lite-5 from Speedy Wheels, they are 17x7 205/40/17 and 16.5lb each. which is amazingly light for non-forged wheels. the 18" version is only 19.2lb each. the tires are Nankang NSII, Ultra High Performance Summer. They work well in the rain too, haven't had any problems and decent in snow too but i wouldn't recommend it.
[/quote]

your running 205 40 17 series tires which = almost no sidewall on that tire....
add to that the fact that you live in Jerzy (ie lot's & lot's of potholes and bad roads)
with the sum of that combination = bent up / beat the shit out of wheels...

this opinon comes from first hand experience.... i live in metro Detroit which has some of the worst roads in the country.... I ordered a set of wheels and tires from a company out of Cali ( this was before I understood all of the aspects of putting custom wheels on a car)...

I told them what type of car that I had, & they told me that 205/40/17 were the best option for my car... The sales man never asked me where i lived or the conditions of my local roads...
he sold me something that would be fine in Cali or Fla.... places with nice smooth roads, but should never have been on a daily driver vechical in mich.

long story short.... In less than a year I had to scrap the wheels, because they were sooooo bent that they would no longer hold air without leaking.
I had them welded two times, before I pitched them....
there is a substantial difference in sidewall size between a 205/ 40 & a 215/ 45, which in my opinion would have worked better for you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
[quote author=krystek01 link=topic=71716.msg1269624#msg1269624 date=1173986743]
hey does the car looks higher because of the tire size???
[/quote]

car's not higher... the profile of his new tires are 10mm lower than stock... which means that the gap between the tire & wheel well will be larger. (10 millimeters = 0.393700787 inches)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=Road Racer 313 link=topic=71716.msg1351630#msg1351630 date=1177036045]
[quote author=Nightl3lade link=topic=71716.msg1265666#msg1265666 date=1173824187]
[/quote]

your running 205 40 17 series tires which = almost no sidewall on that tire....
add to that the fact that you live in Jerzy (ie lot's & lot's of potholes and bad roads)
with the sum of that combination = bent up / beat the shit out of wheels...

this opinon comes from first hand experience.... i live in metro Detroit which has some of the worst roads in the country.... I ordered a set of wheels and tires from a company out of Cali ( this was before I understood all of the aspects of putting custom wheels on a car)...

I told them what type of car that I had, & they told me that 205/40/17 were the best option for my car... The sales man never asked me where i lived or the conditions of my local roads...
he sold me something that would be fine in Cali or Fla.... places with nice smooth roads, but should never have been on a daily driver vechical in mich.

long story short.... In less than a year I had to scrap the wheels, because they were sooooo bent that they would no longer hold air without leaking.
I had them welded two times, before I pitched them....
there is a substantial difference in sidewall size between a 205/ 40 & a 215/ 45, which in my opinion would have worked better for you.
[/quote]

BTW, update.. no problems with 205/40/17, and i do a lot of driving. i have a chip in the paint on one rim but there are no problems with this setup. i am mindful of potholes but i have hit quite a few that are impossible to avoid. these are some tuff rims. not going to break easy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
final update, i did hit a really big pot hole that squished the silver edging on the rims, didnt break or crack, still held air perfectly, but looked bad, so i got rid of them. great rims, too bad i live in Jersey, horrible roads... i think i got rid of them last summer actually

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Are you crazy? Using logic to point out what correct course of action would have been? :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts