Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few shoots of my car and dyno chart.

Damn Soccer Moms and there SUVs :evil:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's an excellent color. Would that most likely resemble the Titanium Gray of the 3? And thanks for the Dyno! I've been looking for one of them!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Rims/tires are next. Trying to find a cheaper price for the Yokohama Parada Spec-2. Discounttire wants $156 each and the tirerack wants $135 each. I'm going to check out some more places before I put down the cash. The dyno was done at the 2003 Nopi Nationals in Atlanta. The only engine mod I have done so far is a K&N filter change.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
That's an excellent color. Would that most likely resemble the Titanium Gray of the 3?
It's the Steel Grey... same as mine. Not quite the same color as Titanium, but they are both dark greys.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those bottom lights are actually red reflectors. I don't know why it came out like that. Looks cool tho. Most ppl tell me that my car looks green under different lighting.

·
Registered
263 Posts
185hp on the dyno? Isn't it supposed to be 220hp at the crank? If yes, then damn! It's a HUGE LOSS!!! 35hp !

A '03 Cavalier (With 2.2 Ecotec) has 140hp at the crank and around 125 at the wheels (15hp loss!!!)

Damn!

-Frank

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really do love the look of your tips ATL... are those the extra wides from the dealer or aftemaket exhaust?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mazda_Gremlyn said:
I really do love the look of your tips ATL... are those the extra wides from the dealer or aftemaket exhaust?
Thanks. They are aftermarket. Pick up a pair from AutoZone. Chrome 2-1/2 inch tips. Had to cut the stock ones of and have a shop weld these on. I have to go back because I forgot how low my car was to the curb. :( I parked to close too the curb and bent the left tip.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm afraid that if I get the GFX package, I'll end up scraping it on the parking bars or the curb. Or when I parallel park, scratching the rims. :-/

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
GFX - at least on the 6 - is not low enough to hit curbs (unless they're pretty tall curbs).

Rims, well... you could do that no matter what type of rims you have. And I have... three times. Although the scratches aren't really noticable unless you really look for them.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You just have to be extra careful around curbs when backing up or pulling up. Thats the only thing I don't miss about a lowered car. I don't have any problems with speed bumbs or uneven roads.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my new Rims and Wheels on today. Will post new pics soon as I can get my computer back up. Hard Drive just died on me. :cry:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Cool for the rims not cool for your computer to quit on you like that. Mine did it too in December last year. Not fun.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm saving up for a Dell. My lil brothers have downloaded so many internet games that the computer decided to go on strike.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts