Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't specifically want it on, I didn't ask for it. But the car I got was a showroom car, so they added the pinstripe, aluminum brushed interior, and Simonized paint protection to make it look pretty for the showroom. The good thing was that I didn't want the pinstripe, but the rest of the car is what I was looking for, so the dealer threw in the pinstripe for free because I asked if he could remove it but he said they couldn't. I didn't want the warranty on the Simonized paint protection because it cost an extra 600 bucks, so I got the paint protection for free since they can't take that off either. So I made out pretty well.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I saw pin on the first black mica I saw, and it was kinda nice. I am a big non-pin guy, but it was a double line metallic silver pin on the black car and looked nice. Broke up the car a bit, and the 3 has a very nice line to run the pin on. I am debating whether to have it added to my next one.

Craig

·
Registered
420 Posts
Modsda 3 said:
I didn't specifically want it on, I didn't ask for it. But the car I got was a showroom car, so they added the pinstripe, aluminum brushed interior, and Simonized paint protection to make it look pretty for the showroom. The good thing was that I didn't want the pinstripe, but the rest of the car is what I was looking for, so the dealer threw in the pinstripe for free because I asked if he could remove it but he said they couldn't. I didn't want the warranty on the Simonized paint protection because it cost an extra 600 bucks, so I got the paint protection for free since they can't take that off either. So I made out pretty well.
If the pinstripe is vinyl, just peel it off. It'll take 10 minutes, tops.

·
Registered
202 Posts
my friend removed the pinstripe from his old accord with rubbing compound. not sure if it's worth the risk of ruining your new paint job though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine also has a black pinstripe on it, there are pics on http://www.cardomain.com/id/crzyone01 I'll add some more and better pics tomorrow, you can kind of see it in the first pic, right below the window. I like it, it kind of divides up the car a bit and adds some extra subtle style.

·
Registered
420 Posts
oskicat said:
my friend removed the pinstripe from his old accord with rubbing compound. not sure if it's worth the risk of ruining your new paint job though.
Key word is "OLD". A recently applied vinyl stripe should come off no problem; it's the same thing as a dealer sticker.

·
Registered
526 Posts
it might not be so easy to get the stripe off if the morons sprayed the paint protectant over it....

·
Registered
164 Posts
hmm...paint protectant?
is that an option from the dealer or...someone explain please!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the paint protection was offered only by the dealership. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
mbhrdc0re said:
Hahaha, I bet they have some carport named simon in the back that give it his "special treatment" hence the term simonized!
Maybe my mind is in the gutter but, ewwww!! :lol: :wink:

Also I do not like pinstripes on most cars, and will make sure one is not put on my car, along with a front license plate with dealer advertising (PA doesn't require front license plates).

·
Registered
62 Posts
ummm take a hair blower...heat the pin stripe up and slowly peel it off..duhhhh
it shoudl come off easy...and there may be a little glue residue from the vinyl...with that use either a product called goo gone of a littl epaint thinner on a rag..good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts