Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it started off with a few neons under the car, and pretty much progressed from there.

So far, we have all the lights in the car, replaced with blue ones. Neon underglow strip in the passenger seat.

not related to project blue, but pretty cool in itself is my new TV/Nav/DVD/CD/mp3/mp4 system.

I do not have a picture of my very blue trunk yet, but thats soon to come.

Subwoofer in the trunk, 2 12" Punches and all the door speakers are fitted with kenwoods.

Fixed fog lamps to my car, and blacked out the rear emblems.. If anyone has any other good ideas I can add to my car, let me know.

Now for the pictures!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly my Nokia E51 doesn't have a flash, but it has a piece of shit mode called "Night mode" which basically turns it grainy like that... Ill get a better set of pictures tommorow with another camera

·
Registered
253 Posts
what brand is that screen of urs?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks a lot like mine but with less lights.
Basically, I put neons on the ceiling of the car for a constant glow even when I'm driving (LEDs were too bright). The glow is nice and ambient so it does not really mess with your night vision. At the feet I put blue LED strips, front and back. I put LED strips in the front grill to light it up.
The underglow is streetglow (best quality LED underglow I've found) and I have LED strips around the wheels as well. The strips are also super resistant, they have survived a canadian winter ;)
Next I'm thinking about changing the sidemarker lights and making them blue LEDs. and of course angel eyes ^_^

EDIT: ohh damn, from Dubai? Well I got the ceiling neons and the underglow from yellow hat, they have the streetglow multicolor sets for pretty cheap there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh dear....

To each their own I suppose - I cannot say that I like neons in the smallest amount though... having lived in Vancouver, the insane number of Chinese and East Indians with POS Honda Civics and Underglo Kits ruined it for me.

I applaud custom car work though, so good on your for that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yellow hat near Mirdiff???

my friend just got his subs from there, what a small world..

Well I like the blue, so 'to each his own' thn whatever..

Anyone have any ideas for things I can add?

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=Cybix link=topic=137049.msg2957505#msg2957505 date=1235453334]
Yellow hat near Mirdiff???

my friend just got his subs from there, what a small world..

Well I like the blue, so 'to each his own' thn whatever..

Anyone have any ideas for things I can add?
[/quote]

Yellow hat near the west coast customs. next to Sheik Zayed rd.

I would go with LED strips for the rear seats, angel eyes and LED eyelids (audi style)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question...

I heard its illegal to have blue or red interior as well as undercarriage lights. Does anyone know more about this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote author=F4bster link=topic=137049.msg2961282#msg2961282 date=1235598336]
I have a question...

I heard its illegal to have blue or red interior as well as undercarriage lights. Does anyone know more about this?
[/quote]

Depends on the state. In the majority of all states, undercarriage lights, regardless of color, are not street legal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I can tell you its not legal here in Dubai, but generally the police don't mind here.

I've never been pulled over for it, but if i've been pulled over for something else, they tell me that these are not legal and I should have them removed, but since they like them, they won't fine me for it.. (it's happened on 3 occasions)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys, I live in Orlando, FL and had
a 7-color Streetglow Underbody kit. I had seen others with their cars lit u in purple, green even white, so I decided to switch mine to red to see what happened.

I did good for a few days and eventually got stop by a State Trooper. When I asked him why he had stopped me, he answered me with "why are trying to impersonate a police officer ?"
I was like wooo, I was in shock. How is it that by having constant lights under a car we could be impersonating a police officer, I don't know. But I decided to ask him and he told me that red/blue lights are illegal, any other colors are ok. I told him I didn't know and he let me go w/o a ticket. :koolaid: Hope this helps !

Back on topic, it's a bit too much blue for me but it isn't my car. If you like it then enjoy it. I have red neons/leds in dark spots like under dash, under seats and inside a/c vents. I'm still undecided on getting the lighted door sills. As far as lightning from the roof goes I'm buying white super bright led's.

·
Registered
879 Posts
[quote author=hectorpr23 link=topic=137049.msg2991904#msg2991904 date=1236943115]
Hey guys, I live in Orlando, FL and had
a 7-color Streetglow Underbody kit. I had seen others with their cars lit u in purple, green even white, so I decided to switch mine to red to see what happened.

I did good for a few days and eventually got stop by a State Trooper. When I asked him why he had stopped me, he answered me with "why are trying to impersonate a police officer ?"
I was like wooo, I was in shock. How is it that by having constant lights under a car we could be impersonating a police officer, I don't know. But I decided to ask him and he told me that red/blue lights are illegal, any other colors are ok. I told him I didn't know and he let me go w/o a ticket. :koolaid: Hope this helps !

Back on topic, it's a bit too much blue for me but it isn't my car. If you like it then enjoy it. I have red neons/leds in dark spots like under dash, under seats and inside a/c vents. I'm still undecided on getting the lighted door sills. As far as lightning from the roof goes I'm buying white super bright led's.
[/quote]

back in college, when the neons were just coming out, it was highly publicized on this. Sure its probably too long ago for you (early 90s).

Even teh strobe lights are illegal unless they are certain applications.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts