Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got it back last night and its all installed, it was really cold out though so a couple of the pictures are a little shaky....

There is some stuff in the way, but i had to bring some stuff back to school this morning so it had to be in there :)

Ive got some other pics too that ill put up in a bit :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
more, pics of the wireing, and where you put the power wire for the amp!!!
and can u tell me which wires are for the left front speaker and the right, and which wire you choose for the REM of the amp!!!
thx edi

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm not getting them either.

I think it's because some browsers do not display the inline XHTML values of that image tag properly.

But pulling them up manually, I got to see them. I'm curious - why'd you mount to the back of the seat? Also, did you run line, or convert the stock system to RCA?

--
WTF? I loaded them manually from the source code, and now they show inline with the thread.... go fig!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very good!

Why not mount both amps to the seat back though? If the sub enclosure is removable that would make it real easy to remove! I had a car install like that once and it worked VERY well!

How does it sound?

Give us more info on how you pulled your signals.

·
Registered
75 Posts
did you self install? How much did installation and components run you? Is the sub easily removable for more storage? Is it possible to place the amps under the seats in the 3 or is this a bad idea? Sorry for the questions, but I'm new to car audio and a removable sub is a must for my hatchback.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You could probably get them to fit under the front seats, but you'd never get them under the rear.

Personally, I'd put them in the compartments in the cargo area.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't spent to much time looking at the cargo area but anywhere they won't get banged up works for me. Are you talking about the area under the ?base? of the cargo area where the tire is? Is there enough room?

·
Registered
315 Posts
How much modding was needed for the tweets to get them into the stock locations?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well lets see..... the speaker amp is done with a line level converter from alpine, and then my sub amp uses the output from that amp for its signal, i was going to use the rear speaker level inputs and run them through the high level input of the amp, but to keep my rear speakers connected and since i don't care just how adjustable my sub is i chose to have it run through the other amp.... as far as the power wire is concerned ill take some more picutures of that one as soon as i can..... i had it installed professionally simply because i didn't want to take the risk of breaking my new car ;) lol but its install cost was quite reasonable, 6 hours of labour for 230$.... this labour included running the wiring for both amps, re-wiwring the front speakers, building an MDF baffle for the front components ( 5-1/4") and cutting the holes for adn installing the tweeters...they aslo installed the line level and wellll everyhing in there lol....it sounds AWESOME actually, the only problem i have is the quality of my sub but that is a cost issue right now, it however does sound very good too, right now if i crank up the bass the rear plastic decklid visibly gets pulled up and down by the change in the air pressure....its really quite violent...the roof panel right @ the back top of the window flexes downwards too. the focals are absolutly amazing though, i can CRANK it and it sounds great still. The reason i had the other amp on the back of the sub is exactly that....i can more easily remove the sub that and occasionaly i will need to drop the 60 portion of the split to fit a snowboard among otherthings....i woudl probably have prefered to have the amps in the compartments as well hoever labour costs were killing me so i went for fairly simple. the wiring is a 4 guage 2 amp install kit from JL audio and the distribution block and fuse block look great. hmmm lets seee what else.... cost of the different components.... the focal polyglass 5-1/4 were 450$, the phoenix gold 200.2 was 260, line leve adaptor - 60 and the amp install kit was 130. then on top of that there was the install which included a couple of wires and things that i didn't have..... overall costs came to about 1200$ CDN.... anymore questions and ill try to answer them :)

EDIT: I didn't have the stock locations for the tweeters to begin with, it was simply a hole cut in the solid panel. all and all my shop did a great job.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Nice work.

Tweeters look good. I had a feeling the hatch cover would rattle to hell. But oh well...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hmmm i woudl want a removable sub too...but i would be installing only one amp...maybe bolting it to the rear seat...thanks fuel90 for giving us the chance to see how u set up yours...how much wattage is ure sub runnign anyways? im thinking about just putting in a 8 - 10 inch...u think that'll do vaBoom? for good bass...haha damn i wish i got into audio at a more earlier age so i know what questions to ask..especially with working with a new car like this! blahh..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
A 10" will clean power will sound awesome.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah right now is a 12" w/ shitty no name power lol
but its 600watt RMS that will be the next step for srue, but that stuff moved from my old car just because of again cost issues.... i just started school so money will be short for a while lol. i was trying to pinpoint the location and the mounting clips for child seats give off a few good ones, other then that ill start stuffing stuff under the plastic deck....or take it off and sound mat it

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
where is the plastic deck? ... yea im starting school too and i have absolutely no money for anything right now but i want to make use of my time and prep so ill be well prepared..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fuel90: Thanks for the pics. Great looking car! To add a signature go hit the "profile" button at the top of the screen, add the information to the box that says "signature" and make sure you have the option "Always attach my signature" set to "Yes."

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok thanks.... im not sure it it works or not.... but lets call this a test lol.... rear plastic dek lid thing.... like directly behind the back seats.... where rear speakers would usually be mounted? and where those baby seat bracket things are
hard to explain but yet so simple! lol

EDIT: how can i make it so that the signature link says something like 'Pictures of my 3' ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts