Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried it this morning on the way to work - just curious as to what it sounded like and it didn't sound like anything , it doesnt work. WTH?

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Re: my horn doesn't work

[quote author=kyasa link=topic=69631.msg1210707#msg1210707 date=1171585168]
Even if it did work, it sounds so lame you probably wouldn't use it anyways
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
397 Posts

[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69631.msg1210705#msg1210705 date=1171585108]
i tried it this morning on the way to work - just curious as to what it sounded like and it didn't sound like anything , it doesnt work. WTH?
[/quote]

If you push the lock button twice on remote with the car honk once?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

nada

·
Registered
397 Posts

Well then your the first person to have a horn problem..I have no clue maybe loose wiring.

On a side note I don't what it is with people complaining about how the horn sounds. Who cares it whether it goes beep or plays the Dukes of Hazard tune?

·
Registered
948 Posts

Take it to Almaden and yell at them. But everyone is right your not really missing much by not having it. BTW what color u drive? Im in cupertino, silver sport.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

san jose with a silver GT, im in cupertino alot driving a budweiser truck, ill actually be there tomorrow - up and down saratoga sunnyvale.....

·
Registered
129 Posts

[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69631.msg1210811#msg1210811 date=1171587419]
san jose with a silver GT, im in cupertino alot driving a budweiser truck, ill actually be there tomorrow - up and down saratoga sunnyvale.....
[/quote]

Your sig:
Mini 14 with Butler Creek folder? (pm me)

·
Registered
569 Posts

[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69631.msg1210705#msg1210705 date=1171585108]my horn doesn't work [/quote]

You should feel blessed, not concerned.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts

[quote author=wino_ii link=topic=69631.msg1212165#msg1212165 date=1171651417]
[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69631.msg1210705#msg1210705 date=1171585108]my horn doesn't work [/quote]

You should feel blessed, not concerned.
[/quote]
+1 I usually open my window and yell at someone if they cut me off or whatever before I even honk my horn

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well just for the heck of it i popped the fuse panel and noticed a 15A fuse just laying in a little storage compartment. then i took a look at the manual to find that the horn takes a 15Amper and its fuse housing is empty. i popped it in a whoala - the week indeed horn now works. my VW horn had more meat to it than this one. the fuse robots must have been hung over or something that day.

·
Registered
337 Posts

[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=69631.msg1210752#msg1210752 date=1171586292]
On a side note I don't what it is with people complaining about how the horn sounds. Who cares...?
[/quote]

Who cares, you ask? When a cell phone chatting soccer mom in an essuvee with blind spots the size of Ohio is encroaching on my lane, I do!

That's why I installed a Fiamm low tone in addition to the stock horn. Now I can actually get someone's attention.

Suit yourself. Don't worry about me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Stebel Nautilus, gets there attention everytime. :smokin:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
usually when i am mad i hit the onetouch down buttong for my window

lean out a little to get a good projection

and yell

"chicken phukers"

gets the job done, and if that does work a downshift with some gas pedal does the trick in any situation :)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
the title of this thread should be changed to, I didnt check my fuses.
getting tired of having a stock issues sub forum that makes it look like these cars are junk. I have seen on more than one forum, people linking to this sub forum and saying, see I knew it was too good to be true, that car has tons of issues.
seriously.. change the topic to something that doesnt indicate a problem that was never a problem. a loose fuse does not equate to a poorly built car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is true the horn is weak and hardly audiable but at the same time it is a needed item and could save you in a bad situatuon. Go get it fixed

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=jasno999 link=topic=69631.msg1213750#msg1213750 date=1171730122]
It is true the horn is weak and hardly audiable but at the same time it is a needed item and could save you in a bad situatuon. Go get it fixed
[/quote]
:lmao:
did you read the thread? The fuse wasn't in place. He finally looked in the fuse box, saw the fuse had fallen out and put it in, end of story. Hardly a broken horn.
not trying to be an ass, but dang...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Had a little old lady driving a boat from the '70s move into my lane, no signal, didn't even look over. I honked, she did the huh,what,oh dear and got back over narrowly missing my baby. The horn does its job so I don't care what it sounds like.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=69631.msg1213741#msg1213741 date=1171729179]
the title of this thread should be changed to, I didnt check my fuses.
getting tired of having a stock issues sub forum that makes it look like these cars are junk. I have seen on more than one forum, people linking to this sub forum and saying, see I knew it was too good to be true, that car has tons of issues.
seriously.. change the topic to something that doesnt indicate a problem that was never a problem. a loose fuse does not equate to a poorly built car.
[/quote]

It's the reason I don't come here as often anymore, too much whining about little things. And I agree this and a lot of other threads SHOULD NOT be in the stock issues section. This section should be reserved for known issues that are rather widespread, not isolated and non-events like a loose fuse.
It also looks like the mods aren't paying attention to the comments either, it's business as usual. Threads that should be stickied aren't and posts are continually being put in the wrong locations. I tell myself it's just a forum and should be taken with a grain of salt.That works.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts