Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine today, only took 9 days to get here, it was packed very well. Installing it was way easier then I thought, only took about 20 min for the low beams and fogs. I will post pics when it gets darker here. Anyone else got em, if so, how do you like them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Got to be careful with those bulbs. If you put in the brighter 80W bulbs, even with the heavy duty wiring upgrade that comes with them, you still run the risk of melting down the plastic in your headlight assembly. This has been reported hundreds of times in other car forums.

Some people drop in 100W bulbs. For either 80W or 100W the headlights were not designed to dissipate that much heat, although some cars will let you get away with it.

If you put in the standard 55W/65W bulbs, then they are no brighter than several other bulbs from Philips and Wagner, among others.

Nothing magical about these kinds of bulbs. If they take more watts then they are hotter and brighter. If they take the same watts, then they put out the same amount of light.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bulbs are not rated by brightness. The wattage is simply the power they draw. Not the power they put out. Not all the same watt bulbs are the same brightness. It depends on the filament, the gas in the bulb and the color of the glass. Dark blue bulbs, for example,are way darker than the clear bulbs of the same power draw.

G

·
looks good.. which bulbs did you get I purchased the titanium xenonmatch ones like 5 days ago... Im still waiting for them... cant wait to get them

·
Registered
175 Posts
Heat

Actually color temperature is exactly what it says, temperature. You have heard of things being "red hot", "white hot", etc. The color temp relates to those observations in a measurable definite way. The spark in an HID bulb is much higher in temperature than the filament in a halogen bulb. That's why it's bluer. However the HID bulb converts more energy to light, thus less heat escapes. Heat and temperature are not the same thing, and the HID being 35w and the Halogen being 55w have nothing to do with the heat given off. Just because they draw a certain amount of power does not mean they put out a certain amount of light or heat. The blue bulbs that mimic HID are considerably hotter and dimmer than regular clear bulbs of the same wattage because the blue coating absorbs much of the light and converts it to heat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.