Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post and Im buying some new tires to replace the craptastic Goodyear eagles that were stock on my M3. I luckily got 35K out of them.......heres my choices that i am looking at:

PS, im a average driver that would like good tread and lower noise, good handling would be a plus.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport

Avon Tech M550 A/S

Dunlop SP Sport Signature

Kumho ECSTA ASX

I can get them all for about the same price with the exception of the kumho's a little cheaper. I know that the dunlops are a new tire for 2007 .......Dunlop produce good tires?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :D Hopefully someday I will be helpful to one of you!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not entirely sure about any of those tires. Personally if I were to choose one of those I'd probably go with the Dunlop. In my experience unidirectional tires are a little quieter than those that aren't. I changed my tires at about 32K and got Yokohama Avid 420s for about $415 out the door. I love them. Whatever you decide, do some comparison shopping. Tires are one of the most widely priced items.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i agree about pricing, i have done about a month worth of research but reviews tend to be so wide spread on these tires. I was hoping a mazda3 owner could give more feedback if owned. It seems like there are great tires and ones that suck and the 15 other choices all blend into the middle.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Whats the climate like in your area? The BFGoodrich G Force Sports are pure summer tires that will not work in the snow or extreme cold. The rubber compound will turn very hard in the cold, and the tire will be like a giant hockey puck. I believe the Dunlops are also summer tires. The other tires youve picked out are all seasons which will work better in the cold and a little better in the snow. If you get a lot of snow you should get a dedicated set of winter tires and a set of summer tires. All seasons are a compromise. If you dont get snow, then the all seasons will be better for you if you want a longer lasting tire and you dont care so much about maximum performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks, im in Oregon so we have some cold wet weather. I didnt know that about the compound harding up?!? thanks for the advice, the new dunlops are all season

Dunlops:

Dunlop SP Sport Signature
(High Performance All-Season)
Overview | Specs | Warranty
Tire Photo Warranty Rating 4.5 Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Size: 205/50VR17
Serv. Desc: 93V
UTQG: 460 AA A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts