Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
love it. love it. love it.

my first impressions have been 'yeah, tis alright' but after getting in one and giving a good burn... great! what a well finished car..

handles well... sounds good... looks pimp. how trick is that stereo control that gets louder as you accelerate... nice.

pissed about all the extras we miss out on. who wants to help me import all the stuff from japan... i think we could make a mint.

where do i sign sir.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shaun way to go dude, so how does it handle and perform compared to our Satria GTi's?. I'm going to start hunting around tomorrow or Friday for a drive I can't wait for the launch night.
Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went for a test drive last night too and have to say that i was fairly impressed. I took a Maxx Sedan out and am going back for drive of a SP23 on Saturday.

You know, maybe i'm just hard to please, but i thought the dash & radio controls were tacky! :cry: I didn't like the tunnel speedometer displays at all. I see the SP23 are different. :p

Still debating price & value for money. More inclined to a SP23 now, but considering mz6 or even a Euro....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aok28 - the ride is great.. after having the gti for a few years im over the rigid drive. corner handling good. but will be better with the wider wheels.

have you noticed under speed in the gti cornering is a little harsh? as in you can feel the lift of the rear inside wheel. in the SP23 the multilink rear suspension never lifts that wheel.. so yeah better drive.

test drive to see for yourself

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shaun, drove an SP23 Hatch today (Parkland sold their only SP23 sedan last night) and came away impressed enough to order an SP23 4 door there and then, got a fairly good trade on the GTi. The SP23 obviously hasn't got the gokart like feel of the Proton (before the Proton I had a 94 Swift Gti, Black, 15's, chip, filter, exhaust and a 2.5inch drop, that rode really hard) but the 3's ride is heaps better, much more refined and a nicer shifting 5 speed. It felt like it had more grunt than the GTi but I found the speedo hard to see in bright sunlight when wearing sun glasses but I guess I'll get used to it. I don't think I ever pushed my Gti hard enough to get it to lift an inside wheel. (I guess I'm a fair bit older than you so I just don't drive as hard these days :( but not old enough for an auto) :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts