Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here they are, as promissed..I went to the Dyno this morning..The place is called Areocomp Racing, and its in Sanford, Fl..Great shop!!! Very nicely kept and very relaxed, but professional. They have a Dyno Jet 224 for FWD and RWD and a Mustang Dyno for AWD..These dyno runs where of course done on the Dyno Jet...I brain farted earlier when I said that I had gotten 272hp to the wheels the best run was 269.09, sorry, shoot me..LOL..The worst was 267.19 to the wheels. As for torque, the best was 290.53ftlbs to the wheels and the worst was 284.23ftlbs to the wheels...Not to shabby..All three runs where done with a 5 to 8 min window. There was a very nice cooling fan blowing on the TMIC, and there was minimal heat soak loss, so the ETS 3.5" TMIC is doing its job in a big way..My car had stock dyno runs from 228hp to 232hp wheel hp, and stock torque of 256ftlbs and 258ftlbs..So, you can judge the gains that it made by that..The only hp gaining mods that are done right now are CP-E CAI, ETS 3.5" TMIC and the Turbo XS race pipe...Thats all..You can also see from the graph that im running a bit on the lean side now, until 6K where it fell back to 11.5 to 1, kind of odd, but not to lean..I seriously cant wait until I get the CP-E programmer or Cobbs A/P to really dial the rest of this car in..I think and the techs as Areocomp think theres a least 40 to 50 more hp with a DP and a programer...We will see....for now, enjoy and I hope this helps.

By the way, the last run was done with the DSC and traction control off. The first two where done with just the DSC off...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Two questions:

1) Were the stock dyno numbers from the same dyno?
2) Were both dynos (stock and modified) done in 4th gear?

Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same dyno type (dyno jet 224) diffearant place...As for the pulls they where all done in 4th gear...

·
Registered
759 Posts
[quote author=GT1 link=topic=71369.msg1254929#msg1254929 date=1173307395]
Two questions:

1) Were the stock dyno numbers from the same dyno?
2) Were both dynos (stock and modified) done in 4th gear?

Thanks.
[/quote]

correction factor and smoothing?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to have to re-scan them again, sorry about that....let me see if I can get this right...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, while my wife trys to get the scanner working again for me..Heres what the dyno graph says, correction fact..is un-corrected..Im at sea level, it was 73degrees this morning and 33% humidity and the smoothing is 5....

·
Registered
981 Posts
Wow man that's pretty lean, I would love to see the difference if you put a Mazda CAI on your car - with all that's been said about the CPE being better as far as fuel trims and all. Not knocking CPE at all , just wonder what the difference would be - better or matbe worse (dont know) with the Mazda CAI.
NIce power man!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
[quote author=flyrevs link=topic=71369.msg1255050#msg1255050 date=1173310890]
Wow man that's pretty lean, I would love to see the difference if you put a Mazda CAI on your car - with all that's been said about the CPE being better as far as fuel trims and all. Not knocking CPE at all , just wonder what the difference would be - better or matbe worse (dont know) with the Mazda CAI.
NIce power man!
[/quote]

Nice numbers, is that good/bad lean wise? i.e. is that something that needs to be toyed with to be safe?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im going to have to dig though the storage bins for it, my wife tends to be a bit of a pack rat and lumps everything together in one big bin..I think the TMIC is also adding to the leaness of the A/F ratio..The techs at Areocomp said that at the moment its boarder line lean in the mids and after 4.5k it seems to richen back up some, where it really needs that extra fuel..You can see that in the curve for torque..where there is a bigger nit at 4.5k to 6k, so Im thinking when I have away to get more fuel into her, it should smooth that out more and pick up the mid range even more..Im sure the CP-E by its self didnt lean it a to much. The car has never throwen a CEL even with the currnet mods to it....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They where $85 for the first hour and $60 for each hour there after. They will discount for part hour time..Its a bit higher than most, but the way the shop looked and the care that they took when setting up the car was worth the extra money..

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=Kawwikid link=topic=71369.msg1255166#msg1255166 date=1173314669]
Im going to have to dig though the storage bins for it, my wife tends to be a bit of a pack rat and lumps everything together in one big bin..I think the TMIC is also adding to the leaness of the A/F ratio..The techs at Areocomp said that at the moment its boarder line lean in the mids and after 4.5k it seems to richen back up some, where it really needs that extra fuel..You can see that in the curve for torque..where there is a bigger nit at 4.5k to 6k, so Im thinking when I have away to get more fuel into her, it should smooth that out more and pick up the mid range even more..Im sure the CP-E by its self didnt lean it a to much. The car has never throwen a CEL even with the currnet mods to it....
[/quote]

Hah, I know how that goes.........frustrating at times. :x

Well, if you ever get the chance, it'd be appreciated. 8)

I've no doubt getting a custom tune will yield some very positive results.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
dang af of 15:1 it seems
you think thats due to the intercooler?
id be a tad nervous that you are running so lean in warm weather. I really wonder if thats somehow a function of the larger diameter cai or the maf sensor getting some bugged readings.
hopefully someone dyno's the mazdaspeed cai to get some comparisons becuase I dont see how the intercooler could make it so lean, but i dont know volumes about intercooler physics to rule it out either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.