Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed osram silverstars on my lowbeams and philips blue vision on my highbeams yesterday and took pics last night

i must say......i was pretty disappointed......i thought they would at least be white......but turns out they were still yellow

i dont know if it's the side turn lights that gave the light the yellow tint.......or if it's just the bulbs.......i've posted pics here:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/urrheb/album?.dir=/5c3a

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Re: my disappointment of Osram Silverstars & Philips Blu

turtle said:
i installed osram silverstars on my lowbeams and philips blue vision on my highbeams yesterday and took pics last night

i must say......i was pretty disappointed......i thought they would at least be white......but turns out they were still yellow

i dont know if it's the side turn lights that gave the light the yellow tint.......or if it's just the bulbs.......i've posted pics here:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/urrheb/album?.dir=/5c3a
turtle,

Ifyou want white white you have to get dark tinted blue bulbs like Hoen's Titanium bulbs...the trade off? Performance is so so and that's being kind.

I have the stock bulbs in my fogs and blue vision on my low beams. I have to say that the blue vision are white compared to them....but are they whiter then the hoen's no. But you'll get a much better performance distance wise.

Blue visions are a nice compromise. But you can't have performance and really bright HID white at the same time in an halogen bulb.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
you can.. if you get new harnesses and upgrade the wattage to 100+
Anything above 80W has the potential to melt the plastic in your headlamps casing.

So you either:

Go for 100% looks and get dark blue bulbs.

Go for 100% performance and get osram silverstar

Go for 30% looks and 70% performance and get Philips Blue vision.

Go for 100% looks and 100% performance and get HID.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You do know the yellow is from your parking lights being on?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BeastieBen said:
You do know the yellow is from your parking lights being on?
yes....i mentioned that in my initial post as a possibility

thanks for the info everyone......i must admit that i did notice the difference in performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts