Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just because I feel so special, I decided to start my own thread with things that I have been doing and done.

I'll update this thread as I get around to doing more and more things etc. anyways without further delay let's see some PICS!!

The most recent mod's that i've completely, are changing the Air Conditioning Dials/ Lights to blue-- and here are some production pic's before and after, No day pic's yet, but those will come within the week.

Also took the gauges apart and changed the alarm key light to blink blue all the time / changed the seat belt light to blue as well as the lights that illuminate the Drive/Park/Reverse lights, as well as changed the lights that are on the actually shifter to blue--

Also changed the key illumination light that goes on when you open up the door to blue.

My camera ranges in it's resolution quality.. so if it's a little blurry deal with it.

Got some questions go ahead and ask--

Updated March 6th

These First 4 Pictures are just some what it looks like during the day-- Also one is what it looks like when the lights are on during the day-- yes you can even see the blue when it's bright out.

What the key illumination looks like with RED led's in the maps and head instead of blue--red's a nice change

What the controls look like on the "DIM" setting

A picture of the 3MM Led's that I have directed on the glass of the gauges on the inside that gives a cool reflective effect that isn't too bright or annoying so I can drive with them.

Wow these pictures turned out pretty nice

My ride from the outside--

EDIT: APRIL 2ND 2007TH (I made a new piece for the key ignition light, to reduce all the red that was on the old piece, so now it looks clean and crisp both during the day and at night it's a perfect amount of blue illumination.

This is the piece I made, pre cut, and pre sanding (which gave it the opaque look that allows the light to disperse evenly and look clean and stock when it's not lighting (during the day).

June 12th 2007
Update-- I just did some seemingly simple modifications, I replaced the switches that go to my under body kit / leds / and interior neons with lighted LED switches from oznium... that was fun wiring all that stuff.. NOT ... I dremeled out the stock switch holders to make them fit and it's nice and snug and looks pretty damn good. The black plastic almost matches perfectly, and I also just put some rock blocker tint on my rear reflectors. And I took some just plain ol` pics of what my car actually looks like.

Red goes to the interior neons, blue is the underbody kit, and the one to the right is green which isn't lite in the pictures and that goes to the interior LEDS

EDIT :

I changed out some led's and colors so it looks like this now

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I like how you changed the led at the ignition. Have a write up on that possibly? Looks great by the way!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Man I have to say that looks incredible!!! Excellant!!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
that looks fantastic. very good job

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
damn u went LED crazy....do u have any pictures of the whole front of the inside of the car at night so we can see what everything looks like together...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Any pictures of the '06i instrument cluster board? I'm curious how it differs from the one in commie's write ups.

Nice work!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote author=MZ3FRS link=topic=71157.msg1251782#msg1251782 date=1173200025]
Any pictures of the '06i instrument cluster board? I'm curious how it differs from the one in commie's write ups.

Nice work!
[/quote]

Yeah, But my comp is broken and it won't be getting fixed untill at least sat/sun so if you can wait till then ( i know you can, I can get them to you ).

[quote author=jdesclafani link=topic=71157.msg1251725#msg1251725 date=1173198437]
damn u went LED crazy....do u have any pictures of the whole front of the inside of the car at night so we can see what everything looks like together...
[/quote]

Not yet, comp is still broken ... although i guess i could take my camera out tonight when I drive to design class and just go to the lab tommorow.. so maybe tommorow I can get those too you.

[quote author=Zodiac link=topic=71157.msg1250968#msg1250968 date=1173153785]
I like how you changed the led at the ignition. Have a write up on that possibly? Looks great by the way!
[/quote]

DO you mean the light by the key hole? and if so, yeah that write up will be really ez and i'll have no problem showing and telling you how to do it. I'll even make some suggestions on how you can make it better then mine... IE: i'm going to go back in later and fix it over the summer to make it look even cleaner.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=Zodiac link=topic=71157.msg1252010#msg1252010 date=1173206509]
Yes, that'd be great Rdk87. Thanks
[/quote]

That write up should be around over the weekend with the other pic's I don't have time with mid-terms this week and what not, so just wait around.

Besides that I snapped some night pic's and day pic's of what it looks like now that it's all back together.

The pictures are updated ont he Main post-- up top --

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like the blue LCD. Was it hard to do the LEDs for it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Now that I've had more time to look at it, it MIGHT be a bit of overkill.

I like th guages and the center stack in general, however I'venever been a fan of the LEDs in the cupholder and AC vents.. but thats my $0.02

·
Registered
175 Posts
[quote author=wheelindixie link=topic=71157.msg1253638#msg1253638 date=1173271585]

I like th guages and the center stack in general, however I'venever been a fan of the LEDs in the cupholder and AC vents.. but thats my $0.02

[/quote]Ditto bang on, but I commend his work and ideas.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I give total props for undertaking such a major change with very little few footsteps to follow in. It takes alot of balls to disassemble most of one's dash just for something so cosmetic.

I REALLY like the monochromatic aspect.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=wheelindixie link=topic=71157.msg1253638#msg1253638 date=1173271585]

[/quote]

Oh i totally agree!! I get bored of them pretty much after 15 minutes so I usually turn them of most of the time, They are more or less just there for show when I wan't a little more snazzyness.

[quote author=gtaru link=topic=71157.msg1253610#msg1253610 date=1173267336]
I like the blue LCD. Was it hard to do the LEDs for it?
[/quote]

I did a write up for that bad boy not to long ago, you can check it out here.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=69809.0

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I don't really like the cupholder leds, but then again for shows I guess it could be cool. I am going to be doing the A/C vent leds on a switch with footwell leds. I just have to decide what type I want to mount in the Center A/C vents.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts