Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I looked around and Iam not sure if anyone come across this problem, but my 2006 Mazda 3 has no heat coming out of the vent. Cold air comes out fine, but I dont know what the problem is exactly.

When I turn the nob to get heat the display of the temp wont go up. Right now i am stuck on the lowest which is like 60 something or 70 something.

The car produce heat and the temp gauge will move and operate at normal operating temperature.

I asked a master tech and he said it could be the vent for the heat is not moving, but i am not sure nor do i know how to make it move or check it.

i though it could it could be the heater core or a fuse, or some loose wire, or my head unit is getting bad, because i had to replace the display once and i just got a spare part from a junkyard (standard no navi)

· Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
Check the simple things first; if the level of coolant in the radiator is low you should fill it up first with a mixture of 50/50 coolant and distilled water and retest your heat.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but the knob wont move the temperature up on my display. it is just stuck on 67 or something. i am not sure if my radiator is top off, but my coolant is top off. i had a coolant flush and changed the water pump couple years ago.

· Registered
172 Posts
My bet is that your thermostat has failed open (as per design) so your car is not getting up to temp. I've had that same issue after about 80K on both my 2005's and fixed it by replacing the thermostat.

· Registered
15 Posts
ok, you bumped an old thread that may not be relatable to the OPs problem.

why you took off the heater core hoses to burp the system? the reservoir tank is the highest point: just leave the cap loose & have the heater on full heat and fan on high... rev it up a few times until vehicle reaches operating temperature/ thermostat opens up to the radiator... then idle/ rev up a couple more times to see if any more air bubbles escape from the system

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

weird... my son's 2007 car threw the check engine light with trouble code P0126 or P0128 (so the thermostat was stuck open, wasting fuel mileage and coolant not reaching operating temp)

somewhat easy to change out with a couple of hand tools & make sure you burp the air bubbles after refilling with coolant/distilled water mix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts