Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long overnight stay at my dealership, my car FINALLY has none of that loud bone-chilling screech anymore when I apply the brakes.

I made them leave the car till it was cold, and then made them test it out. And they did finally hear it....so they told me they machined all four rotors, and now apparently, the problem is gone.

So, go get them to machine the rotors if you hear that loud noise!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Congrats on having quiet brakes back :) Hopefully you won't get the grooved rear rotors like some people are encountering here. :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
See my PM to you, Levitron.

But it is not a good sign indeed. As I said before, if this problem continues to recur, and this can only be solved by machining the rotors. We will need to replace the rotors more often than the other cars. I think if we have enough complaints, maybe we can request Mazda to resolve this issue, or have them to replace the rotors as long as we own the 3s. :D

By the way, did Wolfe charge you anything? Maybe I should go talk to Nelson as well since I can obviously see a groove in my front right rotor.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolfe didn't charge me anything......trust me, Mazda knows.

The day I brought in my car, there was a Mazda rep there....and he was checking out my car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just phone wolfe. Seems that they will do repair by conditions. Though they said they will test drive with me, I guess I might end up leaving my car there overnite, and let them try out in the early morning.... :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine squeaks in the mornings too... Maybe I should go to Wolfe, too. lol... maybe we should ALL take our cars in the same day. They'll get the hint...

·
Registered
185 Posts
D, you bought yours at wolfe too? LOL!

I just brought my car in for them to check. When I mentioned Levitron's black 3 sport GT, they all remember it. They spent about 10-15 mins to look at the brake while i went to chat with my sales guy. LOL! I even learn what Lev's real name (but that's it. Nothing more.) At the end of the chatting, I learned from the service guy that it will take them an hour to service the brake issue. So I just hope that it will fix the problem. Though I think Wolfe service may be so and so, some people there are quite nice. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
did everyone got their Mazda from Wolfe lol, i got my car there too.
me squeaks in the morning when i start the car and back outof my driveway but after that is gone!

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's my problem, and that's why I brought back to Wolfe for inspection. However, I think they will not fix your problem if you have driven your car for only about 1000km, but you can try. good that they care of the problem now. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
my car has about 500 km now, and i'm also having the brake problem with my rear brakes. it squeaks in the morning when reversing, and i can see 2 circles on the brake disc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe those who bought from Wolfe should form an alliance together. Whenever we have problems, we bring our cars back together to fix it. More voices may make the service dept do better work. :D LOL!

jh017...yeah. that's the problem i have as well, but I have only 1 circular groove on the rotor.

·
Registered
185 Posts
just like Levi's, my squealing brake is fixed now, but what they reported was that the brake pads or the rotors were glazed.....Nonetheless, they re-surfaced the rotors again, and the problem seem to have resolved. Need to try it out for a few days to ensure.....

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahaha....damn, there goes the anonymity of the internet ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Doesn't resurfacing the rotors mean they grind them until they're flat again (which makes them thinner / reduces their lifetime)? If this is the case, then isn't the underlying problem that the brake calipers are misadjusted instead since they're the only things that really touch the rotors?

If that's the case, then the next time you go in to have your pads or rotors replaced, its just gonna be a problem again?

·
Registered
169 Posts
My brakes don't squeal at all, but I do see a circular line on the back brakes. It is a little bit grooved. I don't see it on my front brakes, though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hmmmm.....Though the dealer's service guy resurfaced my rotors, somehow I can still hear the squealing noise sometimes. I am starting to get sick of this brake noise issue...... :(

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Shouldn't Mazda REPLACE the rotors and the pads, I am getting bloody sick of my brakes too, I am either going aftermarket brake set up, or I am gonna get the stock ones REPLACED, I would not settle for machined rotors.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeh - I'll drink to that :x
The dealer is replacing my rotors but I've asked them to hold off until I can find a better set of pads (see aftermarket pads thread) - chances are, it'll happen again if they put the same type rotor pad combination on again. Personally I think it's the crap pads they are using

1 - 20 of 33 Posts