Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure all you folks have seen the specs for the US Mz3. Just looking at the specs as compared to the specs for the Cdn model, I am very disappointed. I realize that the sheer population size and economic dynamics make it impossible for Mazda Canada to put out a vehicle that the US will be getting. But let's be realisitic, the US are getting a significantly better equipped Mz3. Just looking at the spec sheet makes me drool and cry at the same time.

The US model will get front airbags, side airbags and curtains. THey will also get Xenon lights and the black/clear tailights.

I can (and still learning how) accept that there will not be any Xenon headlights, but at least put in some side airbags for safety reasons. The top model of the Mz3 is priced similarily to the Acura El which comes with standard side airbags. I just don't understand this. People will pay for the side airbags, trust me.

Mazda Canada, at least give us the clack/clear tailights for the GT GFX model, please.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mmm i concurr with the xenon and the black tail lights.

those cosmetic things are very very important to me.

side air bags?mmm i duno... nice but dont know how often you would survive a T-bone that necessitates a side airbag... esp in a small car with not so strong cage (relatively)... seen a lotta accord seats requiring replacement in the slightest contact on the sides... expensive.

I think the list goes on for things that are ideal... that would certainly make it more of an awesome car
(vhat bout brembo brakes ss lines, on winshield display, progressive brake lights, 4wd and speed adjusted suspension)? but then, it would place the ride in another category competing against diff cars and ... inevitably beyond our (my) reach....

I like it as it is: soemthing that kicks ass in the civic range... if i had needed more equipment / power i'd go for the 6 or the A4... as for the xenon/ black tailights.. as long as there are factory parts that i can buy relatively locally, I am happy... it's a shame they wont ship the xenon lights here in canada... make me feel like we are a dump yard for the factory loose end products...

:>

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I looked and built on paper my 3 - the GS makes more and more sense. With Sport package it's all I really need.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
dinu01 said:
I looked and built on paper my 3 - the GS makes more and more sense. With Sport package it's all I really need.
dinu, you thinking of autoXing?
or just daily driving?

the 2.0L IS lighter :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you were close to the border, couldn't you purchase a US MZ3?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Dugrant: Daily "spirited" driving that is, but wouldn't mind a little auto-x. Never done it but it will be nice. Only downside is that the tires get destroyed pretty quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts