Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just joined today, and I wanted to start a thread just to share the progress on my first car, which is a 2018 Mazda 3. Since I have no where else to share it, hopefully y’all will enjoy seeing it turn into the sleeper build Ive always imagined. I’m 17, and a big American muscle guy, but this little Mazda has since grown on me. It had 30k miles on the 2.5L and auto transmission when I got it and it’s been my daily since. I started messing around with it last year and now I’m getting serious on the mods. So far she’s got a rear muffler delete and a K&N short ram intake. According to google, it makes 184hp from the factory. I should be making maybe 194-195, if not closer to 200. At least that’s what I like to tell myself. I plan to install front/rear sway bars, EBC brake pads and rotors, a high flow cat, performance muffler to replace the mid muffler, header, and sport tires. I just recently replaced the oem plugs with some autolite Iridiums and it’s getting performance oil, transmission fluid and oil filter soon. It just got a brake flush and new fluid too. Keep in mind, I do all the work myself with hand tools. It’s only been to a shop for it’s inspection! I’ve been learning about cars for almost 5 years now and it really pays off. Heres what she looks like! I’ll post updates!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish you wouldn't have deferred your muffler. Don't be a douche and put your muffler back on
If there’s a way to post videos on here, I can post one, cause it actually sounds pretty damn good. It’s not like a fart can or one of those shit box civics. It actually sounds pretty good and it’s still legal since there’s another muffler still.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She just got a fresh oil change, K&N oil filter and I’m ordering some trans fluid here soon. Ive got a Flowmaster series 200 high flow cat on the way. I’m saving for a set of either Hankook Ventus v2 tires or some Firestone fire hawk Indy 500s. Next up after that is the EBC slotted rotors and some redstuff pads, all four corners. She’s running good and is about to have a tad bit more power. Also, thoughts on porting the cylinder head?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would like to see pictures at least of what you did to your exhaust (single muffler delete?). A video with sound would be nice also. I am considering doing the CorkSport short ram intake and Axle Back exhaust on mine eventually.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(Can’t post videos on here I don’t think) Been running without the rear muffler for about a year. No check engine lights and no issues. I’ve actually gotten better fuel economy and of course some more power. Ever since I put the intake on, the exhaust note has gotten a little deeper and it pops a little bit now. It actually sounds really good, and not like a straight piped civic. I personally recommend it. I’m going to replace the mid muffler too with a glasspack eventually. As for the intake, K&N has the typhoon short ram intake for this car and it’s around $300. (You can see the soot on the heat shield from when I didn’t have my janky exhaust tip on XD)
FA411B2E-C1A4-4888-85CC-E61B81476EB9.jpeg
55779825-FD3E-4F7F-9F41-C666D6318CD8.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m tempted to get corksports brake kit but they just charge a lot for their products. I want to buy their header but I can’t find it anywhere on the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts