Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently picked up my brand new Mazda 2 Sport 5-speed in Aquatic Blue, fun car, needs rims and at least a slight drop but for now it's good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what color I want to go with the rims yet...

I got my first ding the other day at 1500 miles right behind the driverside rear door... oh well, some touch up paint will cover up the scuff and you can't really see it unless your up close, just sucks, I'll have to get it popped out sometime.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Wow, I haven't checked the 2 forums in a minute. Glad I did. The Aquatic Blue looks amazing! My Mazda2 is on the previous page. I've got a good number of mods planned for mine as well. I'd like to see some more activity on the Mazda2Forums but Mazdas247 seems to have a bit more as of right now. Any who, great looking ride :) Hopefully I can get some more Mazda2 members out to a meet sometime in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live out in New Port Richey now and this is my first Mazda so I'm not used to browsing the Mazda forums too much. My car still hasn't changed as I've been so busy, I definitely need tint, thinking 30% all around that way I'm within the legal limit on the front without having to worry about getting ticketed and I've been trying to find some factory Miata wheels just to get off these ugly steelies. I wouldn't mind some Mazda 2 wheels but I can't find a set that isn't overpriced.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The legal limit in FL is 28% on the front and 15% on the back. Any tint shop will be willing to do the legal limit for you since there's no risk involved. No reason going 30% when you could go darker and still be legal :)

Also, if you're looking into wheels, check out 949 Racing 6UL wheels. They're only about $160 a wheel and they're 15" so stock size. Looking into getting them myself.

Don't worry if you don't have mods. At meets, it all about the cars and people coming out, mods are just a nice extra :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does 15% look with the 28% up front? I want it to where people can't really see in but where it won't look stupid because the front is so much lighter ya know? I've been looking up pictures but can't find anything with that setup. Mostly either darker all around or 30% all around.

I was looking for cheap OEM wheels cause I didn't want to spend too much right now but it's hard in this area, I just HATE steelies haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts