Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Mazda 3, 2.5L 6sp manual, for 2 years now and I really enjoy driving it. I have done some cosmetic mods to the exterior. First I painted my emblems, and tinted the windows.
Last winter I slid into a curb and cracked up my bumper cover on the drivers side. So I picked up an after market bumper cover on ebay.
There sure isn't much choice for the 2010+ models.
After a lot of searching I finally found one that looked decent quality, had a smaller grin than stock, and that I liked the looks of. I just got it painted and installed 2 weeks ago. I really like how it turned out. The body shop even mounted my painted hood emblem on the new cover for me!
Now to get my new wheels mounted up with some decent street treads, and get some winter tires for my stock wheels.

My other projects are to tint the head and tail lights, paint my brake calipers and add an SRI.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looks really good!

Some friendly criticism:
Not too fond of the red emblems on the back.. Maybe it's just the picture but it seems like too much is going on back there. I would suggest removing them completely.

But everything else looks great. I really like that bumper cover/grille. Gives it a unique look.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The bumper grille combo is very sharp looking. Get a pic of the new wheels on, too!

I don't know how I feel about all the red, it is very strong - maybe too loud for the rest of it, but that's your call. Looks nice though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I came out of work today and saw someone had parked their 3 right next to mine. I had to snap a few pics. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clean - I like it! I find that when I park places in my Speed, it seems it is a magnet for other Mazdas to park near or next to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a wheel skins steering wheel cover and a JBR weighted shift knob!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413143746.735093.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413143756.900499.jpg

I added a solid shifter bushing kit from JBR too.

Sent from my iPad air using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes to both. Everything was included and it took me about an hour or so.
I think I pulled out the stitches 3 or 4 times to get it nice and tight around the wheel spokes. I think it came out pretty well for my first time stiching anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

·
Registered
10 Posts
The car looks fantastic. I really like the direction you're taking it. Are the JBR knobs worth it driving feel-wise? They sure look awesome.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I drove today was to and from work. So I haven't gotten much testing in yet. I think the solid shifter bushing kit made more difference than the heavier shift knob. The JBR knob is quite a bit heavier than the stock knob, and I like the feel of the new knob a lot better. Shifting feels...different. I notice the notch(?) as I pass through neutral a lot more, but dropping into gear feels more solid and sure. It is easier to find 5th now. I developed a technique with my stock shift setup where I rotated my wrist counterclockwise and then pressed on the side of the shift knob when going from 4th to 5th. That usually kept me finding 5th instead of 3rd. With the solid shift bushings and the heavier knob the shift from 4th to 5th feels easier now.

Sent from my iPad air using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally installed my Corksport SRI.
It went in pretty easy. The instructions were clear and simple to follow.
Here is the engine bay when I started.

And here is the final result.

It was definitely worth the 2 month wait for Corksport to assemble the order and ship it to me.
I have had in for 2 weeks now and I am seeing about a 2 MPG increase, according to the car computer. Before install the average MPG was 23.6 and (I never reset the overall average at all) . Since I had the battery disconnected it reset the overall MPG computer. After 2 weeks of driving around (I am pretty much an exclusive city driver) it is at 25.8. Not to bad...

sent from my Note 4

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my Mazda 3, 2.5L 6sp manual, for 2 years now and I really enjoy driving it. I have done some cosmetic mods to the exterior. First I painted my emblems, and tinted the windows.
Last winter I slid into a curb and cracked up my bumper cover on the drivers side. So I picked up an after market bumper cover on ebay.
There sure isn't much choice for the 2010+ models.
After a lot of searching I finally found one that looked decent quality, had a smaller grin than stock, and that I liked the looks of. I just got it painted and installed 2 weeks ago. I really like how it turned out. The body shop even mounted my painted hood emblem on the new cover for me!
Now to get my new wheels mounted up with some decent street treads, and get some winter tires for my stock wheels.

My other projects are to tint the head and tail lights, paint my brake calipers and add an SRI.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

where can I find that bumper?what do I type in ebay? welp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts