Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 2.5 automatic has one external drive belt / which i had changed but am doing it myself this time - The Mazda service manual shows 2 belts , one A/C and one they call generator ( which is alternator ) - The Mazda3/Speed Workshop manual shows no service for my singular belt 2.5 - its the factory manual / any tips ? or suggestions - Im guessing the manual trans has 2 belts ( L5 ) and the Auto 1 - but cant figure out why its not shown -?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Maybe you have the wrong service manual or aren't reading it right. The one I have access to at work shows two different belt setups in the "DRIVE BELT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION" section.
First it shows the LF engine which uses two belts and as you scroll down there is a small section for the L5 which uses one belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you have the wrong service manual or aren't reading it right. The one I have access to at work shows two different belt setups in the "DRIVE BELT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION" section.
First it shows the LF engine which uses two belts and as you scroll down there is a small section for the L5 which uses one belt.
Thanks - I found page 1-10A-06 , for the LF but it shows 2 belts ? possibly you could give me your page # - it appears that the pulleys are all the same location ....but are all were married with one belt on my 2.5 , ? I still have time to return this manual- but its OE from Japan (ordered on scamazon / english ) and it has to be my error - unless its not USA spec ? - I really appreciate the feedback & help

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The manual provider we use categorizes everything from the OE manual by content and does not use or give page numbers. For me, it's literally right below the last part of the LF instructions, below "Generator drive belt installation". it doesn't appear to have been on a different page although in a physical manual there is no way all of the content I'm seeing would be on one page. I would assume you would just turn to the next page (1-10A-07) and it would be there. This is literally what I am seeing on my end although the engine names are different in this manual.

The the pulleys are not all in the same location. The LF has the A/C compressor mounted under the oil pan below the crankshaft pulley. On the L5 it's show as being mounted to the right of the crankshaft pulley on the side of the motor facing the front of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts