Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've been reading here and there about exhausts and all but im kinda on a budget. The only thing i want to do is change the muffler. I was wondering if anybody has changed only the muffler for like a bolt on or something and i don't even know if it can be done?

W/e im all confused right now and im a noob so plz help. Thx

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
1) Yes it can be done
2) You can pick just about any muffler you want
3) It will need to be welded in by a mechanic/welder guy
4) Shouldn't cost you more than 15bux+ the cost of the muffler for someone to weld it on.
:) Your welcome

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx cuz before people told me you could buy some bolt-on ones that you could do yourself and i thought i would try cuz im thinking i need to practice to be better in cars, so w/e thanks a lot, appreciated. If anyone has done this plz feel free to talk about it. :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
funny we bring this up... i just bought a vibrant tip and installed it! muffler and secondary cat deleted.. thought id post tha pics for yall! oh yeah.. the black man is in the pic says "what it dew! sickest Axela in town yall"

·
Registered
930 Posts
07Mazzy3, do you happen to have the part number for that Vibrant muffler?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have a trubendz and I hadnt considered adding a muffler to it, but what kind/how much of a change might that make? I probably wont do it though because I shouldnt cut it up ans I like the tip's subdued look .

·
Registered
930 Posts
[quote author=ST_RIOT link=topic=134884.msg2951900#msg2951900 date=1235219563]
I have a trubendz and I hadnt considered adding a muffler to it, but what kind/how much of a change might that make? I probably wont do it though because I shouldnt cut it up ans I like the tip's subdued look .
[/quote]

Not sure how the trubendz sounds but adding a muffler should quiet it down somewhat or lower the tone depending on the muffler. Kind of like adding on a resonator. Since I've gone the muffler delete route, I'm thinking of adding a muffler more for looks than sound but reducing the tone would be welcome.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i really love to find some sort of oval can muffler that would fit in place of the stock muff location. then delete the cat and stock res and add either 1 magnaflow 12640 (6 inch round 30inch long) resonator or 2 magnaflow 5inch round resonators. and a nice double walled 3inch tip.

·
Registered
930 Posts
[quote author=07mazzy3 link=topic=134884.msg2954792#msg2954792 date=1235361115]
im not exactlly sure of the part number.. but ill look it up at ma store tommorow morning. im a manager at advanced auto.
[/quote]

Alright, thanks. The price too if you can. Not sure the range on decent mufflers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
well being an emplyee and all i get a discount.. but retail was like 166.99 i still havent paid for it honestly! i have the cash but were haing problems with store operation.. so for now it was free. lol

·
Registered
930 Posts
Okay. Thought it might be around $150 or so. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts