Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I would like mudguards for the front, but I'm not sure if they are allowed on a "S" hatchback? I'm getting a lot of rock kick-ups and other gunk from the wheels splattering on the side of my car. I heard that the mudguards are not available on the hatchbacks, because of the "Sport Package" flares and side sills that come standard on the vehicle. Is this correct? I looked at the front wheel wells and it looks like it can house mudguards, but the rear wheels cannot. Does anyone have mudguards for the front wheels? Will the front mudguards for the sedan fit onto the hatchback?

By the way, this is the North American version of the Mazda3.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
132 Posts
you can alwasy get that stuff from autozone and attach them to the inside right behind the wheel and let them stick out a little on the side. it would look funny but it would work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've already started this topic way back when I was neomonkey.
THe dealer told me that it will be difficult to put mudflaps as well as have the skirt package on the car.

This is how I justify it.

Look at all the BMW M3s, Audi S4s, etc... now they don't have any mudflaps do they?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just go redneck and tape some cardboard to the fenders, you'll be happy you did. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
cowtown said:
Just go redneck and tape some cardboard to the fenders, you'll be happy you did. :D
Actually, that's pretty funny, but some people do cut hard plastic like crazy carpets and make mudguards from them. They don't look real pretty, but they do their job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts