Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post in this forum. I have read the forum for the last 2 months before I finally bought Mazda 3s sports seadan auto in aurora blue.

I want to put mud guards on my mazda 3s but unfortunately the oem mud guards is only for mazda 3i. I don't think it should be a problem because the 3s sport does not come with side sill extension, so I think the front mud guards can be installed. As for the rear mud guards, I don't see any reason why it can't because after looking at the pictures for mazda 3s and mazda 3i, the rear bumpet looks identical. The 3i on 2006 bumper is slightly different to the 3i 2007 though.

See here for the 3s 2007, http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=58016.0
and see here for the 3i 2007, http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=63989.0
see here for 3i 2006 model, http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=45223.0

Pay attention on the rear bumpers of the 3s 2007 and 3i 2007 cars. I think they are the same. Also note how the 3i 2006 and 3i 2007 rear bumper differs on the lower part. Can anyone confirm this? If they are the same, should I be able to buy the oem mud guards for the 2007 i model and install both the front and rear mud guards without any modifications? Also, does any one have guide on how to install mud guards? Do I need to drill holes on the body or the rear bumpers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes I have read those posts. However, can anyone confirm that the 2007 3s and 2007 3i has the same rear bumper? Look at the link above.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
lemme tell you something...... if you look at the side of your bumper and you have those 2 extra pieces on both side just behind the back wheel... those are the aero flares or something, then the mud guards WILL NOT fit. Simple as that. Regardless of model etc... as long as u have those extra pieces stuck on there, they will not fit. I have a canadian model and its neither the S nor the I, its complicated anyways with the areo flares I think they call it, it could be called something else... you cnanot fit the mud guards. it just wont work. I tried it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little update.

I installed oem front mud guards (supposedly for 2007 3i only) on my 3s sport (it doesn't come with side sill extension from factory). The oem front mud guards fit perfectly. It is easy to install but I was a little unsure at the beginning because I was trying to follow the instruction exactly.

On the instruction, it says that I need to cut part of the stone guard (near the front wheel well) underneath the door (this is where the side sill extension goes) so that I can use the hole on the body (about the size of a quarter where the clip of the stone guard went) for the mud guard clip (the clip is supposed to be attached to the bottom of the body). However, I couldn't find the stone guard and there is no hole underneath. I saw "button" shape about a size of a quarter where the hole suppose to be instead and I see several of them from the between the front wheel well and rear wheel well. Because of this, I ended up taking the clip off the mud guard and install it only using screw and two fasteners to the wheel well. I did not secure the bottom part of the mud guard because of the reason above and I don't feel like drilling or making hole on the metal part of my car. I think the screw and 2 fasteners are strong enough to hold the light mud guard. I might want to put a double sided tape to secure the bottom part of the mud guard in future.

I think Mazda didn't put the stone guard on my car (probably on all 07 3s sport model, and might be 3i too). Can anyone who has 3i or 3s sport 07 confirm this?

I also have the oem rear mud guard (supposedly for the 2007 3i only too), but I have not installed them yet. But, the shape of the mud guard actually follows the contour of the rear bumper (including the aero flare).

I'll try to take pictures next time I get the chance and I'll update this post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, i'm in a similiar situation as you. i dont really understand how to attach the buttom part of the mud guards. the white clip thing, how and where does it go? did you ever fix your mud guards in place? can you take some pictures ? i would really appriciate it.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts