Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed my new mtec bulbs recently. not all of the shots came out correctly, but the ones that did don't look that bad. sorry about the steelies. they call it winter here but i've yet to see snow. fuck. anyhow, here's the cosmo blues... i've tried to adjust the light to reflect what they actually look like in real life.

this last one doesn't show off the lights at all but it still looks alright.

thoughts? i know they appear very blue but they're actually whiter in person. my camera sucks, sorry.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sense in posting pics from the dash since the camera distorts the colour too much anyway.

the light output is similar, albeit different in tone. i don't think it outputs less light, i just have to get used to the fact that the light has changed to a sort of bluish hue while driving. looks good.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
you can wire up your side signals not to be on unless they're blinking? (when the headlights are on)

howhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhow?!?!?!?!!?!?

are those lights HID or halogen. sorry to seem ignent.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they're bright enough, the light is just softer and more "blue". at first you think the road isn't being illuminated enough because if you come from stock halogens, like me, the switch from yellow to blue is weird at first. now i don't even notice.

stk - they're hologen. and as far as i know you just have to snip or re-wire the turn signal wires. one of the three is used for constant "on".

as a side note, i just noticed how crappy these pics look when i'm not on an lcd monitor. :(

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that'd be cool but after doing some research i think both wires are the same colour and you actually have to do a few tests to determine which one it is.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
yup.
its quite easy if you have a voltmeter or multimeter.

or just trial and error. not difficult at all.

3 wires, disconnect one, turn on the car, try signal light and see if its on constant. if u disconnected the wrong wire, either 1. it will not work at all cause u disconnected the ground, or signal light wont work. if signal doesnt work, disconnect the other and u should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
np.

The wires u disconnect from are from the plug that pluts into the signal bulb. It comes out pretty easy. the passenger side is a big tight from what I can remember.

Also dont forget to tape the one u remove. Dont want it to get in contact with anything else as it will hold a charge whenever your car is one.

I just left it hanging there with tape. If I ever sell the car, i might consider putting it back on. not sure if we need those amber's by law in nova scotia or not. But I did manage to pass inspection in nov.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts