Mazda3 Forums banner

MS3 W/Turboxs Hybrid BOV,Race Pipe, MS CAI (Pics) and a Chevy SSR

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Trubopower 
#1 ·
Whats up guys, I just got my MS CAI put on today. Took my friend and I about 2 hrs taking our time. Wow is all I gotta say :lol: Combined with the Turboxs parts this thing sounds really mean! The turbo is almost ridiculously loud, the Hybrid BOV is much more pronounced as well and I can already tell the it pulls a good bit harder.

I was on my way home after putting it on at my friends garage and I pulled behind a sliver SSR. Nice little truck, had the LS2 badge on the back, dual exhaust with polished tips and huge rear tires :shock: We both took a left at the following light and he jumped on it so I thought I might as well play too. We got to a large stretch of road (with no cars in sight) and he floored it. I put it in 3rd and shortly after I shifted to fourth I had to hit the brakes b/c I was pulling up rather quickly on him. I couldn't believe this car with only minor mods pulled that hard on a SSR, I know its a truck but I thought they were pretty mean. Guess they have got to be pretty heavy as well though. We pulled up to a four way stop and he looked back in his rear view mirror, clapped (I guess applauding the fact this little pocket rocket pulled on him) and then gave the thumbs up before turning left. Wish we could have talked, I would have gotten some pics of his ride. He seemed like a cool guy.

Anyways, here are some pics of my MS CAI, now I just have to wait for the downpipe from Turboxs and I"ll be set for a while....maybe :D

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah SSR's are heavy pigs :( I wish they'd bring over the Holden UTE SS (GM of Australia) Because THAT is a better 'modern el camino' than the SSR will ever be. ('83 el camino owner here) The SSR was going to be THE car I got when i bought a new one - back when they first came out I was all excited, but then went to see one, and the thing costs as much as a vette, and they screwed up the styling bad :(

What filters did you use for your photochops?

#7 ·
[quote author=nighthawk06Si link=topic=71000.msg1246731#msg1246731 date=1172962978]
turn off flash...

flash ftl!!!!
[/quote]

:lol: Thats just a lens flare filter for effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.