Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I ran into a buddy of mine that owns a Speed 3 and is currently in the process of sending it to jamaica. He offered me the speed seats but I have no clue whether they would fit perfectly in my regular 3? Does anyone know if this would work? :dunno: Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=135821.msg2924949#msg2924949 date=1234227160]
they suck you shouldnt install them in your car
instead take them from him
and give them to me
ill pay for shipping :lol:
[/quote]

lol for some reason I will pass on your suggestion! :thinking:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 04 Mzd3 would the airbag connection or mounting rails be an issue with the speed seats?

·
Moderate your face
6,577 Posts
The rails will line up fine. You will however need to replace the belt buckle on the side of the seat with the one from your old seats. There will be a minor modification you will need to make to the speed seats where the current buckle is located to accomadate your old buckle. I don't have any pictures of the piece you need to trim, but it's a tiny little steel nub that you will need to dremel off, you'll know what I'm talking about when you remove the speed buckle. I have a semi decent explination here that may help you. I spent a couple weeks trying to figure this, so I'm trying to save headaches, lol!!

Sorry for no pics of the install, but if you click my sig, you can see I have them installed. :) If you need anymore help when you do this, just PM me and I'll send you my number to walk you through it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kool. Thanks alot dugger..... Im not sure when I will get a hold of them but as soon as I do I'll go through your walkthrough and try and solve it out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
maybe your model was different I put the speed seats in without any modifications. It was a 100% fit. Very easy four bolts plus the airbag connection which was exactly the same. No hassle at all, those seats are great dont think twice about getting them.

·
Moderate your face
6,577 Posts
[quote author=kaczus00 link=topic=135821.msg2941540#msg2941540 date=1234839143]
maybe your model was different I put the speed seats in without any modifications. It was a 100% fit. Very easy four bolts plus the airbag connection which was exactly the same. No hassle at all, those seats are great dont think twice about getting them.
[/quote]

I don't have side air bags so I got an air bag light. It is a direct fit, just what I had to do so I could pass vehicle inspection and get rid of an annoying light.

edit: Plus the 04-05 belt buckle is a different design, at least for non side air bag cars. 06+ non side air bag cars have the same buckle, but I'm not sure about the harness being the same. If you do have side air bags and it's 06+, you suck and have an easy install. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts