Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find the positive side of the parking lights assembly to wire up my boost gauge. Any help is appreciated, pics are always nice. :p

·
Registered
452 Posts
Are you looking for "lights on" power for the Light in the gauge? if so you can tap into power at the light around your Cig lighter, this is the easiest place to find it without having to dig through a lot of wires.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wiring up a mechanical boost gauge, 3 wires. Red to positve, black to negative, and orange for (dimming.)I can go to parking lights or headlamp switch I guess, but it's the orange wire I'm trying to wire in...

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you go to the "parking lights" you will not be on the dimmer, the light around the cig lighter is on the dimmer and it is an easy single wire coming out of the light to tap into.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found cigar lighter fuse #43, can I just tap into that in the fuse box? I've got some fuse taps, that should work...

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=lucky sevens link=topic=137244.msg2959039#msg2959039 date=1235521157]
I found cigar lighter fuse #43, can I just tap into that in the fuse box? I've got some fuse taps, that should work...
[/quote]

That's the circuit for the lighter itself. We're talking about just pulling the ash tray lighter panel out and tapping the wire going to the lit ring around the lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts