Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something interesting about the Mazdaspeed CAI's sold in Canada. It appears that based on the Mazda Canada website the CAI's are covered by the orange warranty level (the no warranty at all level), ie offroad only.

I spoke with a dealer today (Gyro) and they indicated the same thing. So it appears that Canadians may get screwed, the dealer is calling his Mazda parts rep. to get confirmation of the CAIs availability in Canada and the warranty level.

·
Registered
544 Posts
keep us posted

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
if that is true, that would be just another screwdriver up the a$$ for us canadian owners. Hey mazda, dont forget how big your mazda3 market is in Canada eh?

·
Registered
185 Posts
[quote author=WagonMan link=topic=69108.msg1197986#msg1197986 date=1171056884]
I noticed something interesting about the Mazdaspeed CAI's sold in Canada. It appears that based on the Mazda Canada website the CAI's are covered by the orange warranty level (the no warranty at all level), ie offroad only.

I spoke with a dealer today (Gyro) and they indicated the same thing. So it appears that Canadians may get screwed, the dealer is calling his Mazda parts rep. to get confirmation of the CAIs availability in Canada and the warranty level.
[/quote]

I stated much the same in a previous post. So far, I've talked to 2 dealers and had one say what yours did, while the other mentioned a company letter stating mazdaspeed parts were under factory warranty for the speed 3 <shrug>. I'm awaiting an official reply to my email from mazda Canada at this point.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Tigs link=topic=69108.msg1201268#msg1201268 date=1171239991]

I stated much the same in a previous post. So far, I've talked to 2 dealers and had one say what yours did, while the other mentioned a company letter stating mazdaspeed parts were under factory warranty for the speed 3 <shrug>. I'm awaiting an official reply to my email from mazda Canada at this point.

[/quote]
Thanks Tigs, I never noticed your earlier post. That is good news that there may be some kind of letter. I have fingers crossed and will let people know if I hear anything from Gyro.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
let us know what you find out. I am very interested in this issue and may affect my purchase.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My dealer seems to think it is completely covered as well. But they are looking into this for me as I told them my intention to order one and have them install it before the PDI. I'll let everyone know what they say.

My feeling was they were going by the previous knowledge of the regular Mazda3 CAI info as the MS3 CAI was not in their system as of yet. Time will tell...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had my dealership confirm yesterday that mazda Canada is NOT planning to release any performance parts for the speed 3 in Canada ;( So it looks like we are stuck ordering parts from south of the border.

This in addition to the return call from Mazda Canada, which said the same thing. They did mention that ever request for said parts is logged, and if they at some point decide there is enough interest it is possible to release the parts in Canada.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
that is stupid. I think I saw a display of perf parts at carling mazda.
I know they have it at the toyota dealer. so you can beef up your corolla, but not your mazdaspeed.
looks like I may be doing the k&n, swiss cheese airbox mod.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The dealer where i bought my car in edmonton said they would be covered and sold as well. Who knows though, they certainly arent very knowledgable.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Tigs link=topic=69108.msg1209335#msg1209335 date=1171555478]
Keep in mind, the Canadian market has what, 750 cars slated in total for the first year.
[/quote]

but it shouldn't matter. they all come from the same factory, same cars....why treat us differently?
if they can make profits by selling accesories like toyota, ford, honda, acura, nissan do (they all have perf parts on display in their showrooms, why would they choose not to? seems like a dumb way to compete with other manufacturers. the Ms3 is also not the only car that people will mod. people mod the MS6, MSmiata, MS protege, Cx7...it isn't the only car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to downtown Mazda today (in Toronto on Lakeshore) to ask about the MS CAI for the MS3. After about 10 minutes in the back the parts guy came out and said, it will be C$460 and I can have one in about two weeks.

I was a bit surprised given some of the news I had heard, so I double checked it was for the turbo motor, he said yes for sure. I also asked about warranty level, he said it is the green level, and won't effect the warranty on the rest of the car. He said it will come with a warranty card that confirms that.

So I had him order one in for me, I have not paid yet so he said he would check his cost to see if he could do a better deal. So time will tell, I'll let people know when it is in. That dealership certainly seemed a lot more knowledgable then the guys at Gyro I spoke with last week.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=WagonMan link=topic=69108.msg1221325#msg1221325 date=1172082037]
Went to downtown Mazda today (in Toronto on Lakeshore) to ask about the MS CAI for the MS3. After about 10 minutes in the back the parts guy came out and said, it will be C$460 and I can have one in about two weeks.

I was a bit surprised given some of the news I had heard, so I double checked it was for the turbo motor, he said yes for sure. I also asked about warranty level, he said it is the green level, and won't effect the warranty on the rest of the car. He said it will come with a warranty card that confirms that.

So I had him order one in for me, I have not paid yet so he said he would check his cost to see if he could do a better deal. So time will tell, I'll let people know when it is in. That dealership certainly seemed a lot more knowledgable then the guys at Gyro I spoke with last week.
[/quote]

that is good to know. keep us posted as to when it comes in, part#s, fitament etc etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts