Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 mazdaspeed 3. I want to install an HID kit but ive been hearing from some people that it will give off a terrible glare with the stock halogeb projectors. i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with blinding other drivers. i was also wondering if the car would still pass inspection. i was thinking i might leave the headlights oem and make the fogs HID. i would appreciate any feedback out there

·
Registered
166 Posts
Strictly speaking, all HID conversion kits are illegal. You might ask in your regional section if there might be an issue with inspection in your state.

Lots of people on here do an HID conversion without changing the projectors. You'll have some glare because the projectors were designed for a halogen bulb with a different shape and position of filament. However, the glare will be far less than if you throw an HID kit in the reflector lamps most cars have. There's also many threads of people replacing the projectors with those from the Evo, TL, TSX etc.

·
Registered
991 Posts
there is def a glare and the cutoff isn't that great on the stock projectors. its way better than the halogen bulbs though.

·
Registered
991 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=139212.msg3000157#msg3000157 date=1237319300]
For reference, MZ3 and MS3 use the same lighting, no difference between the two.
[/quote]

r u saying the stock projectors are the same as the HID equipped projectors? i was always told they were different. there is a side by side comparison pic on the forum and i could def see a difference. lucent is trying to put an aftermarket kit into the halogen projectors.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No, he means the halogen projectors on the Mz3 non-GT are the same as on the MS3 Sport and the HID projectors on the Mz3 GT are the same as the MS3 GT.

I'm pretty sure the halogen and HID projectors are not the same.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
[quote author=Werty link=topic=139212.msg3000235#msg3000235 date=1237321185]
I'm pretty sure the halogen and HID projectors are not the same.
[/quote]

If that was the case, all of us would be switching to HID kits with D2S bulbs... :p

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Putting a HID kit in ur low beams would be much better than putting them in your fogs. There would be more usable light and less glare than what fogs would produce

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=astrob0y link=topic=139212.msg3000864#msg3000864 date=1237340726]
Putting a HID kit in ur low beams would be much better than putting them in your fogs. There would be more usable light and less glare than what fogs would produce
[/quote]

^

What he said. You need H7 for your low beams if your car didn't come with HID

Oliver

1 - 9 of 9 Posts