Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a good blend of street compliance and auto-x capability while still using the OEM springs. And naturally, I don't want to spend a fortune. I've heard good things about the Koni FSDs as well, but I'm not sure that's really what I want (especially if they have fitment issues). Does anybody else offer something worthwhile for the Speed3, or should I just suck it up and get the yellows?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
as justin pointed out
I am preferential to the bilsteins :)

I run DA degassed koni's and although a bit more competitive on course, they are quite uncomfortable on the road
the bilsteins are a great blend since they are great on the street and perform very well on course
come to think of it, the only national event ive ever won was on the bilsteins... hmmmmm

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=5Speed6 link=topic=138551.msg2987553#msg2987553 date=1236784204]
How's the fitment on the Bilsteins? Any trickiness in the install?
[/quote]

zero fitment issues in terms of install or driveability
the only thing was that I needed to use washers to center the bottom of the rear shock in the rear mount. Tony at AWR said he was going to send me machined spacers, but considering I bought one of the first 2-3 sets sold, Id like to think he forgot and the new stuff includes em. My fix required about 5-6 1/2" fender washers on each side of the lower shock mount to make em nice and snug

[quote author=HitIt link=topic=138551.msg2987668#msg2987668 date=1236787357]
Where can you find the Bilsteins at a good price?
[/quote]
hrm, dunno about a good price. the nice stuff is never cheap right?
I bought mine from AWRRACING, they are located in cali
I still have a used set, but im not as amped to sell em as I was a few months back so I havent been pushing em or droppin the price

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had the FSD's on both the MS3 and my previous MZ3 and I went with them on the recommendation of a National Champ that's running a 3. I've had great results with them, you don't have to worry about adjustments and they're very friendly on the street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts