Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got the MS3 window's tinted today. Charcool ceramic material, 35% fronts, 20% all around back

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Alpha095 link=topic=68594.msg1185390#msg1185390 date=1170555070]
how much did it cost you?
[/quote]

$240 bucks, incl. tax.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I am jealous! I miss my tint from my traded in car. Seeing yours, I am gonna have to get mine tinted asap!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comps guys

best part is, I'm super pleased with how well the full-front clear bra is looking.

yep. its really there all right. full bumper, 1/2 hood, mirrors, splash guards etc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks good. I have mine done 35% all around, and it cost me about the same as yours. There are some minor imperfections in mine here and there, that's one thing I hate about tint. It seems like you will never get a perfect job, there are just too many variables involved ( and I'm super anal about stuff). I think that tint makes this car look a lot nicer, no matter what color your MS3 is.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I like the people posing for photo's int he background lol

Car looks sweet though, i'm still torn on tint at the moment...

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=68594.msg1185540#msg1185540 date=1170561308]
I like the people posing for photo's int he background lol

Car looks sweet though, i'm still torn on tint at the moment...
[/quote]

Looks like it was prom night or something....

·
Registered
408 Posts
damn I'm pissed now. I got mine down friday(have to take it back b/c the weather was shitty and there's alot of moisture and bubles so they told me to come back monday to finish pressing it all out) and I paid closer to $400. I really like how it looks though and from shopping around I couldn't really find a better deal for the ceramic I got.....oh well can't dwell on things...I'll have pics up as soon as its completed and the car gets a good bath

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=68594.msg1185686#msg1185686 date=1170566292]
damn I'm pissed now. I got mine down friday(have to take it back b/c the weather was shitty and there's alot of moisture and bubles so they told me to come back monday to finish pressing it all out) and I paid closer to $400. I really like how it looks though and from shopping around I couldn't really find a better deal for the ceramic I got.....oh well can't dwell on things...I'll have pics up as soon as its completed and the car gets a good bath
[/quote]

$400? That's absolutely insane. Dunno about "ceramic" stuff or why it'd be worth having over anything else that does the job just fine, but a person can pay exactly half that much for the finest computer cut metallic film available - installed properly. You really should post the name of that place to spare fellow Austinites the grief.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
lookin real good. wish tint was legal in my state, I dont bother with anything that "could" get me pulled over.
aparently the cops think that cars with tinted windows increase the likelihood they will get shot while aproaching the window during a traffic stop. :eh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Same thing in my state Cosmic, but I like to ride dirty. Usually if you only have 35% all around they don't bother you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=68594.msg1185686#msg1185686 date=1170566292]
[/quote]

I feel your pain. I had to have one of my side windows redone. It turned out with some imperfections just like the first time! Like I said earlier, you just gotta say f#&! it and realize you'll never get a perfect job. Usually, those bubbles your talking about dry out in about a week. You should give it a little time.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Good looking car. How'd you get up the curb?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=Ferdball link=topic=68594.msg1187245#msg1187245 date=1170652959]
Good looking car. How'd you get up the curb?
[/quote]

thanks!

actually, right there is a grass boat ramp and it runs nearly flat onto the street.

I thought it would be an interesting place to get some unique angles of the car.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
[quote author=ZooZoom link=topic=68594.msg1185504#msg1185504 date=1170559959]best part is, I'm super pleased with how well the full-front clear bra is looking. yep. its really there all right. full bumper, 1/2 hood, mirrors, splash guards etc.
[/quote]
Eh? I don't see it. Do you have a pic of it uninstalled? How much is it? How hard is it to apply?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts