Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I know it's probbaly around but I need help fast on this one, so it's just easier to ask so take it easy on me.
My 08.5 Mazda 3 GT Hatch which is less then one year old, just got nailed. Some arse from outside the country (and I have no idea what the insurance or his driving situation is yet,) blew a red light and I ended up nailing him dead center. Cops took his car away.
My cars front is fairly screwd up. Driveable by all means so that's good at least, but it will need a whole new bumper, maybe headlight as the one is intact, but scratched up quite a bit, the passenger fender is raised a bit where it goes into the a-pillar but not dented (adjustment?) and there are some various little boken plastic inside pieces that are also torn up, not to mention the grill itself.

So seeing as it's pretty much a whole new front coming my way, can I have Mazda throw on a Speed3 front? Will it fit up right and is the cost about the same?

Any info quick would be awesome just so I have an idea where I stand and what I can do.

Thanks,
Keith.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Nobody has done it yet, but from what I'd understand, you'll need a new hood, bumper, and front fenders. I have no idea if they all bolt down in the same places or not. I also doubt that Mazda will do it for you, but hey, its worth a shot I guess. IMO, just stick with the normal 3 bumper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll just go normal road then. I thought if it was just a basic off on, I could swing it.

I wll read up though and see what's what.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
No problem. You'll find that there are a few members here (like dan and i) that reply rather immediately, i.e. we have nothing better to do.. lol.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts