Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got mine from the previous GB and didnt install it till today. Everything went perfect, nothing broke and looks great.....the only pain was getting my Nav back to how I had it before (lost the info due to disconnecting the battery). All the hype you heard about the horsepower gains are true!! Even with the ECU relearning the CAI difference, the engine is pulling like never before and the sounds it now makes is fantastic.......the BOV and spooling noise is very apparent now. I couldnt be any happier with a simple mod like this. BTW, no CEL!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
does it fit RHD? still waiting on the guy in Aus who is supposedly testing fitment of CP-E's CAI but that was so long ago now!! all this talk about CAI's and i want one!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
[quote author=krnage link=topic=72266.msg1276989#msg1276989 date=1174336867]
does it fit RHD? still waiting on the guy in Aus who is supposedly testing fitment of CP-E's CAI but that was so long ago now!! all this talk about CAI's and i want one!!!
[/quote]

If the placement of the engine and turbo is the same then yes. Why not post up pics of your engine bay so we can compare. As for the CPE, looks nice and all but they are spending more time getting them in the colors people want that they can not keep up with the short demand they have in the US, nevermind send a free one to Austrailia.

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=Midak link=topic=72266.msg1277106#msg1277106 date=1174340522]
[quote author=krnage link=topic=72266.msg1276989#msg1276989 date=1174336867]
[/quote]

If the placement of the engine and turbo is the same then yes. Why not post up pics of your engine bay so we can compare. As for the CPE, looks nice and all but they are spending more time getting them in the colors people want that they can not keep up with the short demand they have in the US, nevermind send a free one to Austrailia.
[/quote]

The Mazda3 MPS in Australia is exactly the same as the MazdaSpeed3 in the U.S. (barring rims choise, color choice, etc.) If a CAI fits in ours, it should fit in theirs unless they have different environmental regulations and carry a different stock airbox design, etc. I really doubt that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah i can only assume and ask the question, as with the MS6 CP-E CAI wasnt as straight forward to install on our MPS6's. A/C lines in the way on ours so some modding had to be done.

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=72266.msg1277497#msg1277497 date=1174351780]
the steering column on the other side of the car might affect something.
[/quote]

You are right. I forgot that important factor. They still need a stock air box somewhere? Can you always cut it to fit and put it together with clamps, etc.? I love my MS CAI and I know that you would love any CAI in your Mazda3 MPS down under... down under the hood I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts