Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I first opened the packed and looked over everything, I noticed the breather nipple had something insdie of it. I thought notihing of it at the time but when I cleaned out the CAI, inclduing the nipple with a compressed air gun, I noticed that the nipple was empty now. Was somethng supposed to be there?

Anyways, I went on with the install and when I hooked the breather hose up to the nipple, it was somewhat loose. Yes, I put the blue clip on the nipple and it keeps the hose on but the hose seems to be somewhat loose. Is that a problem or is in normal?

I put about 30 miles on it so far and it sounds damn good with no CEL.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
My hose seems tight

Just ran downstairs and tryed to wiggle it but there isnt really any play

THe blue clip is all the way on right?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked again and it is on the right way but the clip itself has movement. It can not come all the way off due to the lip on the nipple.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
i would just roll with it... see if anything happens

its pretty air sealed so it shouldnt leak but if a CEL is blown or things arent running right you know where to look first

·
Registered
756 Posts
Take a picture and post it here. The blue clip is supposed to be installed inside the black hose and then snapped onto the tip.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=MS3 Hot Hatch link=topic=71627.msg1260544#msg1260544 date=1173581459]
Take a picture and post it here. The blue clip is supposed to be installed inside the black hose and then snapped onto the tip.
[/quote]

Not its not.

MS CAI Instructions said:
2. On the upper Intake pipe (View F, #4), install the previously removed blue plastic breather hose
retaining clip by carefully sliding it over the breather nipple until it snaps into place.

13. Install the plastic breather hose onto the upper intake pipe breather nipple. The hose will be secured
by the blue retaining clip previously installed in section 2 step 2.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Same thing

You install the blue piece on the intake side
Clip it over
Then slide the breather onto the blue clip and it all locks up

Am i on the right page?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=71627.msg1260630#msg1260630 date=1173584040]
Same thing

You install the blue piece on the intake side
Clip it over
Then slide the breather onto the blue clip and it all locks up

Am i on the right page?
[/quote]

Yeah and it is what I did. Taking it off tomorow to see if I did something wrong but from what I can tell, it looks right.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah i would play with mine being the car is in the garage

But my hands are beat from the DDE install

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
[quote author=Midak link=topic=71627.msg1260640#msg1260640 date=1173584240]

Yeah and it is what I did. Taking it off tomorow to see if I did something wrong but from what I can tell, it looks right.
[/quote]
That kind of fitting will normally have some play in it (you can slide it up and down a bit).
From your description, it seems like you installed it correctly.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mine moves a little too, dont worry about it.
its only a vent tube, you could leave it hanging and it would be fine...

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is play but that is the nature of that clip system. It is sealed. No need to worry.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, thanks guys. yeah, I checked it again, took the hose off, made sure the clip was on as far as it would go and hooked it back up. Still play but will not come off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts