Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need assistance in digging up the dirt on the availability and "official" warranty coverage (or lack thereof) of the Mazdaspeed CAI in Canada. I just got back from talking to a dealer in Edmonton (I'm here for work) and this is what he said:

"Mazda may not be selling or making this available for the speed 3, it may have to do with warranty issues. So far we have no part numbers and it looks like they won't be available"

I mentioned the fact that I have one from the U.S. sitting in my house waiting for my car, and he said well I don't think Mazda Canada will cover any warranty work if you install it.. blah, blah, blah... So does ANYONE have the official run down on the Mazdaspeed parts for the speed3 in Canada? I'm really getting fed-up of the mixed and/or lack of information from dealers in Canada.. :shock:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have one on order from downtown Mazda in Toronto, supposed to be here in the next two weeks. I will let everyone know if and when it comes in. As well I will make sure it is the MS3 and not the regular 3.

They told me it was green warranty.

·
Registered
228 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=70757.msg1239970#msg1239970 date=1172711828]
What dealer was it? Let me guess....Weber Mazda?
[/quote]The one on lakeshore near the lake, east of Jarvis. Dont know the name of it.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I think Canada is actually ORANGE for the CAI... while USA is GREEN

Thats just what i heard....

·
Registered
228 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70757.msg1240071#msg1240071 date=1172715268]
I think Canada is actually ORANGE for the CAI... while USA is GREEN

Thats just what i heard....
[/quote]That was true in the Canada 2006 Mazdaspeed catalogue, all the CAIs were orange. I have heard that for the MS3 they made the CAI green, like I said I will find out in a week or two when mine comes in.

I heard the reason for the orange on the CAIs was that all Canadians live in Igloos, and don't have running water to clean the filter every 20k, eh.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Well its true they all live in igloos but i thought they had a few rivers to clean them in?

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70757.msg1240129#msg1240129 date=1172716547]
Well its true they all live in igloos but i thought they had a few rivers to clean them in?
[/quote]

damn aint that the truth eh! i was skating home from work at the local bar last night and my dang igloo had gone and sprung a leak in the roof...turns out the dang nieghbours pet beaver got hungry.

·
Registered
228 Posts
[quote author=sturge-speed3 link=topic=70757.msg1240937#msg1240937 date=1172754240]
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70757.msg1240129#msg1240129 date=1172716547]
[/quote]

damn aint that the truth eh! i was skating home from work at the local bar last night and my dang igloo had gone and sprung a leak in the roof...turns out the dang nieghbours pet beaver got hungry.

[/quote]
Damn beavers don't get me started. I worked all winter hunting elk and moose to make a new coat for the wife (elf/moose skin coats are all the rage this season) stupid beavers came and chewed holes in it. Barely enough left to make her a pair of panties.

Regarding the river comment above, there is lots of water in Canada, problem is its all frozen.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=WagonMan link=topic=70757.msg1239967#msg1239967 date=1172711811]
I have one on order from downtown Mazda in Toronto, supposed to be here in the next two weeks. I will let everyone know if and when it comes in. As well I will make sure it is the MS3 and not the regular 3.

They told me it was green warranty.
[/quote]

hey wagonman, what did they charge you for it. and will you get them to install. if so, let us know how much....and let us know about the warrenty stuff. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=WagonMan link=topic=70757.msg1241078#msg1241078 date=1172760407]
[quote author=sturge-speed3 link=topic=70757.msg1240937#msg1240937 date=1172754240]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Damn beavers don't get me started. I worked all winter hunting elk and moose to make a new coat for the wife (elf/moose skin coats are all the rage this season) stupid beavers came and chewed holes in it. Barely enough left to make her a pair of panties.

Regarding the river comment above, there is lots of water in Canada, problem is its all frozen.
[/quote]

haha never heard of those elf/moose skin kind of panties before...sounds hot!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
how about this:

daily driver: snowmobile
really bad days: dog sled
toy/fun: MS3 :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't wait for the summer to arrive so I can put the dogsled away, and bring out the canoe. I need to float my furs downstream to the closest (800km away) trading post!

·
Registered
172 Posts
[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=70757.msg1239902#msg1239902 date=1172710060]
let me try for you, i emailed my guy with mazdaspeed to see if he can help everyone out with this.
[/quote]

Any update on this?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hmm, I haven't really inquired. The CAI is sitting in my garage as we speak.

Kev

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
ok sorry i was swamped last week with inventory but i asked someone at mazda this is not for sure but he said that if canada does not offer the part at all then it will be the same as if you have a US spec and buy a part from japan how even though its a mazda part that the US dealers won't/can't cover it. He said he was not sure if mazda canada would be getting into the Speed Parts for the speed3 either. sorry it is not a for sure answer but ultimatly mazda canada would need to chime in.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looks like the CAI will be covered, and exhaust depends on whether it will be made available in Canada or not. From the forum admin on mazda.ca today:

Hi Jeades,

The MAZDASPEED cold air intake for the MAZDASPEED 3 carries a blue warranty level. As per page two of the MAZDASPEED brochure “These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first 12 months/20,000 km from the date of purchase, excluding labour charges”. This in no way voids original vehicle or parts warranty.

As for the MazdaSpeed3 cat-back exhaust system, Mazda Canada has not announced if it will be offering this accessory to its customers. In the event that Mazda Canada does decide to offer this accessory it would be labeled with a Green warranty level. This warranty level (described on page two of the MAZDASPEED brochure) does not void original vehicle or parts warranty.

I hope this provides more clarification.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 44 Posts