Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking this might be a cool way to customize. Maybe on the right side of hatch. Anyone know if these are available?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was thinking of the MPS badge from Europe/Australia. Either way the mazdaspeed is coming off. I hate having the word speed in my cars name.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I actually like the MazdaSpeed badge, but I understand if others do not. It will be a way of creating more recognition like Evolution or STI. The word Speed itself might cause a state trooper not to forgive you for "bragging". It definitely looks awsome embroidered on the seats and on the scuff plates. I did order a customized GT chrome letters online. I could not find the Mazda MPS logo and faking it would not do it for me. I particularly love the fact that my Speed3 is GT, but Mazda does not put emblems on the trims. If anybody finds the MPS emblem, please let us know. I found a Turbo emblem or metallic badge that I thought about but have not decided yet for the sides of the car.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would leave the Mazdaspeed3 badge and add the MPS to the other side. Is that a stick-on type MPS badge Cullen MS3?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=solipsism link=topic=69167.msg1199297#msg1199297 date=1171129638]
I was thinking of the MPS badge from Europe/Australia. Either way the mazdaspeed is coming off. I hate having the word speed in my cars name.
[/quote]

I know someone that wants to trade their MPS for a Mazdaspeed

zzzzooomm from the down under

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Yup, one genuine Mazda Australia MPS badge for one genuine US Mazdaspeed 3 badge if anyone is interested.
Cheers!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The shipping for the trade would probably be more expensive then just ordering it from SU when they get it. But if i decide not to keep it for when i sell/trade in the car ill ship it to you for cost of shipping and a beer. Give me a couple days to decide.

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=zzzoom3 link=topic=69167.msg1200508#msg1200508 date=1171194592]
Yup, one genuine Mazda Australia MPS badge for one genuine US Mazdaspeed 3 badge if anyone is interested.
Cheers!

[/quote]

I've been looking for the Side Marker Cover Chrome G22B V3 770F sold in Germany, New Zealand a possibly in Australia. Can you help me get these? They are cool. I know where to get the MazdaSpeed badge in chrome but it does not include 3 on it. Will that help you?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I'll ring the dealer tmrw and find out how much the MPS badge is. It wont be cheap for sure and the genuine crome surrounds for the side lights are about 70-80 bucks Australian. The advantage is they are decent quality and last the life of the car. I have bought the crome surrounds off the net before and they started to go off (crome starts to lift) after a few months.

So like i said if anyone wants an MPS badge or crome surrounds they will be genuine Mazda parts and i want the same genuine Mazdaspeed badge from your side of the pond.

Postage i would guess would only be a few bucks either way as i just bought a few pounds of equipment from CPE and they only charged 9 bucks postage.

Cheers!

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=zzzoom3 link=topic=69167.msg1202013#msg1202013 date=1171273824]
I'll ring the dealer tmrw and find out how much the MPS badge is. It wont be cheap for sure and the genuine crome surrounds for the side lights are about 70-80 bucks Australian. The advantage is they are decent quality and last the life of the car. I have bought the crome surrounds off the net before and they started to go off (crome starts to lift) after a few months.

So like i said if anyone wants an MPS badge or crome surrounds they will be genuine Mazda parts and i want the same genuine Mazdaspeed badge from your side of the pond.

Postage i would guess would only be a few bucks either way as i just bought a few pounds of equipment from CPE and they only charged 9 bucks postage.

Cheers!

[/quote]

You can get the chrome MazdaSpeed logo through ebay motors in two different sizes so you do not need my help for that. Let me know if you cannot find it listed. I do want those chrome surrounds and I see some at ebay motors, but I am not sure if they are good quality... I'll think about it and maybe you can help me get the true Mazda chrome surrounds. I do not know where else to get the MazdaSpeed logo for you besides the ebay motors site. Check them out and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I was thinking about this today - i think i want mine to just say mazda3 instead of mazdaspeed 3- was it ever determined if there were holes or not?

I'd maybe trade my mazdaspeed for a MPS (what the heck does MPS stand for anyways?)

-matt

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got someone picking up the MPS badge for me in the UK but it won't be until May. If anyone else is looking to wait that long, I could setup a group buy.

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=69167.msg1202640#msg1202640 date=1171307023]
I was thinking about this today - i think i want mine to just say mazda3 instead of mazdaspeed 3- was it ever determined if there were holes or not?

I'd maybe trade my mazdaspeed for a MPS (what the heck does MPS stand for anyways?)

-matt
[/quote]

MPS = Mazda Performance Series. It's Mazda's equivalent of Subaru's STI (Subaru Tecnica International) or Dodge's SRT (Street Racing Technology) or Ford's SVT (Special Vehicle Team)... etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just in case anyone was wondering, when we did a GB on 6Club, the pricing was $33 for each badge...

Now that was a year ago, so pricing might have gone up....

SU should be hosting a GB here soon...

·
Registered
388 Posts
quick question: are there alignment pins behind the mazdaspeed badge (us)?

I'd like to "debadge" my car but don't want to have to patch and paint just to
get a more stealthy look.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts