Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see... Last Saturday I took delivery of a 2004 Mazda3s Sedan Grey with Red/Black Cloth seats.

This car is great. I love everything about. I was thinking about getting either this car or a MINI Cooper S. The funny thing is that I get so much more in the Mazda3 but for less. I have the 2.3 engine, which Ive heard will go 0-60 in 6.9 seconds (according to the dealer), it can handle just as well (.87gs on the skidpad and thats the 5-door variant), and it has an interior that is just awesome. We got the Sport Package, the ABS Package, the 6-CD Changer, the moonroof, the xenon headlights, everything except the navigation system. I would love to post some pics, but Im using dail-up at the moment and it would overload my computer if I did (my camera is a 5MP camera so that pics are huge!).

EDIT: Topci heading for uniformity :twisted:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hehee...you got the auto correct?! well congrats man glad to hear you love the car =)...im gettn jealous everyone gettin ders...but *tells self* patience grasshoppa hehehe :)!!!...well glad ure enjoying ure car!!! post pix asap! especially of those xenons!

·
Registered
50 Posts
6.9 seconds is very optimistic. C&D got 7.4s, and that is a more believable number (don't always believe what the dealer says, they are only trying to sell you the car).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
and @ 7.4, its still very respectible.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Killer Chickens said:
6.9 seconds is very optimistic. C&D got 7.4s, and that is a more believable number (don't always believe what the dealer says, they are only trying to sell you the car).
Yes, but the one that car and driver tested was the 5-Door version. So, it is faster than 7.4. I do agree that 6.9 is a bit opitmistic, but then again, 7, 7.1, 7.2 is a very respectable time.

The final price I think was just under 20,000. Its great. I was disappointed to get the automatic, but then again, I was excited to have a Mazda3! The automatic is ok, the manual shift mode is fun to use. But, there is nothing like rowing your own boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts