Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who opted for the MP3 player, what did you end up paying total for installation and all? I've found very little information about this and it's not a common option. I was told by one dealer that it cost $325 + $129 for installation fees. This seems excessive, and I would appreciate any feedback.

While on the topic, have you been overall pretty happy with the MP3 player's quality?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a sidenote...

Out of curiosity, I'm interested in the following:

2004 Mazda3 s Hatchback: Winning Blue, Black/Blue Cloth
4-speed AT
MP3 player

That's it, no moonroof, leather, etc. Has anyone purchased anything similar? What was your purchase price before and after any rebates? Thanks again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think all MP3 cd players suck. It takes a long time to load songs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
gtibri said:
I think all MP3 cd players suck. It takes a long time to load songs.
i've never had an mp3 cd player before......can you elaborate on this?

what do you mean by taking a long time to load songs?
is that from going one song to the next? or simply when you start up the car and the player starts playing?

and about how long is "a long time"?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: As a sidenote...

anikochan said:
Out of curiosity, I'm interested in the following:

2004 Mazda3 s Hatchback: Winning Blue, Black/Blue Cloth
4-speed AT
MP3 player

That's it, no moonroof, leather, etc. Has anyone purchased anything similar? What was your purchase price before and after any rebates? Thanks again.
Go to Edmunds.com and put in your options, etc. Edmunds will then spit back MSRP, invoice cost, and what others are paying for "your" car".

BTW, edit your profile and insert your location.

Kevin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as length of time to load, it usually takes somewhere between 5-10 seconds on my current Pioneer MP3/CD deck to start playing songs once you start the car. In addition, there's perhaps a 1-2 second pause between one song and the next. I find it to be negligible, but apparently it's an issue for some folks.

I am an edmund's addict, and I know the invoice cost of the mp3 deck is $260 vs. MSRP $325. The problem is, I was told by one dealer it would cost $129 to install, the other has no idea, and another dealer tells me I have to buy an additional faceplate that's not figured into the price that I see. From what I see on the mazdastuff.com website, for $318 total (that's with shipping) I get the mp3 unit complete with faceplate. As for the $129 installation fee, I find it infuriating that I can buy a $100 deck at BestBuy with free installation, but I'm paying over $18,000 for a car and they still want more money. As it is, I would appreciate any input on real life pricing on this particular option with installation and all.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm with anikochan, the mp3 player will take a few seconds to read the disc but switching from one song to another is about the same time as with a regular audio CD. I used to have an Alpine HU that read mp3s in my previous car and it behaved the same way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
dude, you gotta understand, dealers will say it costs x amount to install x product and if you actually pay what he first quotes, he will be laughing inside... but if you are buying an $18,000 car, he will do anything to get your business...

ask for invoice price on the deck with free installation... it won't cost anything for the dealer to give you parts at cost and have one of his minions install it for you... at the very least, you should ask to split the cost of the install, or just buy it from mazdastuff and do it yourself... in any event, don't pay $129 for a service you should be getting for free...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The MP3 player comes with detail instructions on how to install it. If thats not detailed enough, the link in my sig should help you greatly.

Its 10 clips, 2 screws and a little bit of time. Read my guide twice and you will know how to do it. Why pay $129 on a $260 part?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts