Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all those who have the mp3 player in there mz3..
whats it like...does it just play mp3 from a normal cd...or both or
it it some storage assessorie such as an sd card or something that you need to put in the mp3 player to play.....?
i dont what it is but than i know it costs alot...give me some spec's on this...thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ok, before this gets moved to electronics, and it will very soon thanks to the very good moderators. (Hey, no harm in kissing up to those who control our posts) No storage accessories like SD cards, Memory Sticks, etc. Instead it's a CD burned with lots of MP3s in data format instead of audio format. It will still play regular CDs, just also playing the MP3 format.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Look in "electronics" for more info. on the MP3 player

** Lou - playing the part of MOD for a day :) **

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still need to get this Mp3 Player for the 3. It replaces the stock unit's electronics but looks the same on the outside right?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Right.

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't automatically go to the next folder of songs once it has played through all of the songs in the current folder. What you'll end up doing is burning an entire CD with mp3 files, I like organizing them into either folders by artist or albums.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I always wondered how mp3 players worked. I know what mp3s are, just didn't know how the players worked. Guess I should look in electronics more ;).

SBTanMan said:
Ok, before this gets moved to electronics, and it will very soon thanks to the very good moderators. (Hey, no harm in kissing up to those who control our posts)
exactly. you know what's scary though? i've been here since when there was only one moderator-and he was the admin. dinu, atl, and absinthe have all been made mods in the last 2 months or so.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well, I had a Pioneer MP3 deck in my old car, and since the MP3 unit for the 3 seems to be a Pioneer MP3 player, I can speak to its performance and modus operandi . It will read any CD, encoded in standard CD Audio (CDA) format or MP3 format. It will read all the folders, so you can categorize your MP3s on a certain CD. Also, when using the Random feature, going to the next track automatically disables the Random feature and plays the next track numerically (as in if you were randomly listening to song number 17, and wanted to skip that song and move on to the next randomly chosen song, you're SOL). You will get the next song, in this case number 18. Even though I really liked the MP3 feature on my last deck, I am sticking with my CD Changer, and probably just putting a tape deck in so I can connect and iPod or similar external MP3 player.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.