Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does it work? Works fine? Can it read mp3 files in differend directories or only in the root?It's a little bit expensive.... The option is: 6 cd changer or mp3 player. What's the best chois? Can the cd player show the text information stored on some cd?

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is copy-paste from somewhere else:

For the mp3, it display id3tag (name of the album, name of the artist, song name and files name) it takes 2-3sec to switch between directory, the only 'bad' thing is that the "random" doesnt work in the whole cd but just in a single directory

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, you have a choice between mp3 player and 6-disc changer (if you get that option)? I was under the impression that the mp3 player was an add-on, in addition to the already existing 6-disc. But in that case, I don't know where it would go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That would be cool if its a choice because i plan on getting the moonroof/6cd changer combo but pick the mp3 player instead of the 6cd changer. I hope its a choice!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "choice". All I know is CD player, 6CD changer, and MP3 player are different units. One of them is mounted at top part (you can't have both in the time). The cassette or MD is mounted in another place (bellow the CD/6CD/MP3). You can combine any of the first three to any of the second batch, i.e., there is six combinations to choose from, e.g., MP3+MD, etc...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CD 6CD MP3

I know that you can choose anomg single CD 6CD or single CD+Mp3 player, always in the same slot as show in pics
Hey Bloung1 where have you found informations about Mz3 mp3 player?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks bluong1. I found it. What I would get is a 6 CD changer and a Aux IN for my MP3 Player, but, now I think the best choice is the MZ3 CD MP3 player in the dashboard

·
Registered
272 Posts
No problem. nonofx is the man, not me.

Just a little comment on the Nav. The Mazda DVD system is rather slow, especially when comparing to other aftermarket system, but it works just fine. The unit is located inside the glovebox.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bluong,

What do you mean by slow? Access times for the DVD? How slow is "slow"? If you have some experience with it, why don't you explain what it's advantages or disadvantages are? Unless it's really so slow that it causes you to miss a turn, I don't see that as being a problem ... I'm curious because I'm thinking of ordering it so I'd like to know more about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Not sure about the MZ3 MP3 player, but the one in my car now lets you have as many directories as you want.....I have it like this:

type of music\artist\album\song

and I can play random within any folder or on the root. It's just a pain to find a song while your driving (not very safe), but worth it for long trips. If you are a music fan, this is a must!! You would never need a 6 disc changer and an MP3 player, you can fit around 120 songs (the same as 6 CD's) on a CD-R in MP3 format, I have three CD-R's in my car with over 300+ songs......

Just remember to make your CD-R's as Data CD's when recording them, if you make them Music MP3 CD's it will not let you use folders, it will just be one HUGE pile of songs!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: ....

Toeknee said:
Not sure about the MZ3 MP3 player, but the one in my car now lets you have as many directories as you want.....I have it like this:

type of music\artist\album\song

and I can play random within any folder or on the root. It's just a pain to find a song while your driving (not very safe), but worth it for long trips. If you are a music fan, this is a must!! You would never need a 6 disc changer and an MP3 player, you can fit around 120 songs (the same as 6 CD's) on a CD-R in MP3 format, I have three CD-R's in my car with over 300+ songs......

Just remember to make your CD-R's as Data CD's when recording them, if you make them Music MP3 CD's it will not let you use folders, it will just be one HUGE pile of songs!!
How many character can the lcd display show at once ? Still single row ?
I mean, i saw a standard radio with 8-character display for RDS stations, i assume that installing mp3 the display would be substituted with a model that contains more characters to read song-names / artists more easier.
Am i wrong ? 8 characters seem a very little place to read things to me, even with horizontal scrolling. :shock:

·
Registered
267 Posts
No clue... I highly doubt they will change the display. but there is a knob on the radio to scroll text. I just wish that goddamn climate control (which we don't get in North America) didn't take so much room on the LCD display!

·
Registered
185 Posts
:x I strongly agree with you, D. That's such a waste of space, and it just makes the display look so weird........Maybe someone should make an aftermarket LCD display for North America MZ3. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone clarify some questions that I still have not found answers to. Will the dealer give you the choice of an MP3 player or a CD changer at the same cost of the Moonroof & 6-CD Package option? Has anyone actually tested the MP3 player's capability to read more than 99 songs, and play random songs throughout the entire disk?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Still waiting for my MP3 player to come in. I'm patient but getting sick of 15 songs per disc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You are waiting???! I am waiting too. I got my car for 2 weeks now, but no news at all about the MP3 player and the other options as well. All I got was an X-BOX :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts